Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: NEWBIE had arthroscopy in need of LOVIN from others  (Read 142846 times)

Offline Cynthia1982

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: NEWBIE had arthroscopy in need of LOVIN from others
« Reply #630 on: October 04, 2009, 09:38:37 PM »

Hi All,

Sue(ghost) It must have been some sight to walk in and see you trying to tend to three babies all at once. I suspose it will come to us naturally when the time comes but right now it's all a bit scary. I have no doubt that John will be a natural dad, all I have to do is look at him with DJ and I know he's going to make a great dad. I've had a couple of days free from morning sickness(thank god) so hopefully that's the end of it.

Glad to hear your knee is getting better all be it slowly, but you will get there in the end. I know patience is hard to come by when you've had to be patient for so long but you will find it somewhere.

Well that's all from me for now. More Later

Love
Cynthia xx
2006 Meniscus repair Right Knee
2007 Cartlidge removed nd debriment Right Knee
2008 LR Left Knee

Offline ghost

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • left knee
« Reply #631 on: October 11, 2009, 10:00:49 AM »
Hi Cynthia,

I'm hoping that with the first tri-mester behind you the morning sickness is a thing of the past.

It has to be a bit overwhelming facing the prospect of two little ones at the same time.  But take heart, you will find that there are plenty of people willing to help and to give you a break when you need it. John will be an awesome Dad, that was so evident when reading about how much he enjoyed havig DJ around.  I also have a sneaking suspicion that you will be a natural as well.  You're gentle personality and ability to take so much in stride is the perfect combination with children.  Although they depend on you for everything, the one thing they depend on most of all is that you're there, and listening and providing them support and guidance.  The how to's and what do I do now all fall into place on their own.  Thank God for that, otherwise we mom's would be off the deep end in no time flat.  LOL

Sue
rt k med meniscus 1983
rt k lat meniscus 2001
lft k med meniscus 12/07
lft knee medial meniscus 6/08 with chondroplasty & debridement of the suprapatella pouch
lft knee trochlear groove MFX 12/2/08 with chondroplasty and debridement of the suprapatella pouch
7/31/09 trochlear groove resurfacing

Offline Cynthia1982

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #632 on: October 25, 2009, 12:52:52 PM »

Hi All,

Sue(ghost),

Unfortunatly the day after you posted your message here I had a miscarriage and lost my babies. Myself and John are still trying to get over what has happened and are still asking those why us and how questions. John is taking it very badly but i'm hoping his mood will lift  soon and I will have him back to normal.
Thanks for all the assurances along the way that we would make great parents, i'm sure we will some day but I guess we will just have to wait a bit longer before we will hear the patter of little feet around our house.

Love
Cynthia xx
2008 LR Left Knee

Offline subail

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • The glass is always half full!
« Reply #633 on: October 25, 2009, 02:58:50 PM »
Cynthia and John

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. There is nothing anyone can do or say to make it better; just know that we are thinking of you and pray that you will derive some comfort from that. Be well and give John my best. I will be praying for the two of you.

Sue #2
Dislocation of left patella and as a result left patellar tendon rupture in the medial section/torn at both ends.
3 Previous surgeries-semitendiosis tenodesis
Reconstruction surgery left knee October 10 '07
TKR right knee May 25 '10.....successful!
Limited ROM/TKR left knee May 25 2015...successful.

Offline ghost

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • left knee
« Reply #634 on: October 29, 2009, 07:28:24 AM »
Cynthia and John,

Words cannot begin to say how sorry I am about your loss.  Please know that our thoughts are with you both.  Sending love and many hugs to both of you.

Love,

Sue(ghost)
rt k med meniscus 1983
rt k lat meniscus 2001
lft k med meniscus 12/07
lft knee medial meniscus 6/08 with chondroplasty & debridement of the suprapatella pouch
lft knee trochlear groove MFX 12/2/08 with chondroplasty and debridement of the suprapatella pouch

Offline Cynthia1982

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #635 on: November 14, 2009, 12:10:09 AM »

Hi all,

Thanks for the love, hugs and well wishes they are much appreciated. We are still taking things one day at a time some days being harder than others. Myself and John are thinking strongly about hibernating until the 1st of January so nothing else can go wrong and hopefully next year will be better for us, well it has to be really because we couldn't have a worse year than this one.

Hope you are all keeping well.

Cynthia
2008 LR Left Knee

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 114
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
« Reply #636 on: March 12, 2010, 05:47:30 PM »
Have just done some housekeeping on this section, so this is a dummy post to bring the thread to the top of the 'moved posts'.

KNEEguru
--
KNEEguru

Offline LAS

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #637 on: July 09, 2012, 02:21:16 AM »
Hi:  I would also like to know how long you are surpose to be non weightbearing after microfracture.  I had that done as well as a menisectomy last November but was never told that I should be non weightbearing and how long does this take to heal.  I don't even know if it worked.  If anybody has any experience with this I would like you to comment.   Thanks LAS

Offline ghost

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • left knee
« Reply #638 on: July 11, 2012, 11:35:21 AM »
Hi,
How long you need to be non weight bearing depends on where the micro fracture was done.  if it was a condyle it is usually 6 weeks.  Mine was in the trochlear groove and I was allowed to bear weight from day one but I was locked in a full leg brace locked to bend no more than 30 degrees for six full weeks and then they added a few degrees each week after that.

It will probably take 6 months before you know if ot worked.  That's when most of the cartilage will have formed.  I know people who have grat success with micro fracture, unfortunately I wasn't one of them and 6 months later I had a partial knee replacement.  that was a complete success and I had a patial knee replacement on the other knee 4 months ago and am back to full mobility.

Let me know how you're making out

Sue
rt k med meniscus 1983
rt k lat meniscus 2001
lft k med meniscus 12/07

Offline minka

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #639 on: March 18, 2013, 11:02:00 AM »
hmm the operation is quite a minimal procedure
but whatch how you go with it and do what they tell you to do
dont after do like a bull in a china shop and give more than you can
you can load bear after surgery but do use a stick for support on it .
and try to keep your quad going as much as possible.
they pack it with some sort of pain killer so you will think why is it not hurting as the swelling goes down you will gety some pain
also watch you feet dont start going cold like mine have and blue
some people recover diferent to others.
if i had my time again i would have left well alone cos at 3 weeks out im suffering a bit with the cold feet and i have put up a blog on here on this.
mine was not showing on mri but it is in a bit of a mess and i dont know what they are going to offer next
but dont let this put you off

Offline goldenjmm

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #640 on: July 19, 2013, 08:01:08 PM »
Hi just wanted to say please stop worrying. That procedure is just going in with a scope and looking around to see what needs to be repaired and what is wrong. Usually afterwards you are wrapped if anything is torn. You keep the leg immobilized for 24 hours. You might be told to take an aspirin product around the clock to prevent a clot. The only problem could be a build up of fluid or blood in the knee area. This can be aspirated or let drain by nature. I have a Bakers cyst took a fall many months ago got my toe caught in my tablecloth. I fell right on my knees. One part of my body I never had a pain. It was not until many months passing, I got a Bakers cyst no range of motion problems so did not go to PT. Now I have pain in the back of the knee and in the front and am limping my back is going out. I am now awaiting a MRI approval by BCBS. I had 2 scopes in both jaws. I had first surgery for TMJ. I still had problem. I had the second years later. The scar tissue was so bad I bled a lot. It was not the scope that hurt. I ended up with bilateral surgeries in both jaws. Now I have no meniscus in either jaw. It was a mistake indeed for I suffered chronic pain. I did seek the help of a pain neurologist. Am I pain free? No. I can not take any inflammatory medicine had 1 esophageal ulcer now healed. I have one in the antrum of the stomach. Am awaiting biopsy. I now take tramadol at the moment. It is not a narcotic like many believe, but has similar ingredients. So do not worry about the scope. Even scope surgery is less invasive causing less pain. My jaw surgeries were not by scopes. I had to be cut. There is so many nerves in our face that caused the problem. So take a deep breath hold it and blow out slowly 3 times. It is easy to say. Like we have no control of our heart rate going up. I get anxiety too. I then feel my heart rate go up in my throat. I do take medicine to lowser it. I am sending you a Blessing. I am sending you some good Light. I also wish you good luck too. And by the way my son played soccer and hockey. He had scope and knee surgery. He was diagnosed at 14 with arthritis in his knees at that time. Being a retired nurse, I did not feel the scope of my actions with lifting and tugging til way later in life.. So try not to get yourself up so much. It is easy to say. We are not you, but believe me I have been there. Getting worked up so much is worse than doing a full day of work then overtime. I again wish you luck. I am one of the unlucky people that is Empathic. So I am going to end this and the procedure will be done and you may say, "What did I worry so much for". It is because it is you and it is new too. Also it is can not say minor nothing is minor but a procedure that does not take that long usually. I hate to be the bearer of news, but as our body ages, we tend to get more and more procedures needed. So good luck again and will be thinking of you.
Joan :) 8) ;D PS It was not the scope of the jaws that was the problem the surgery both of them took about 6 to 7 hours. My hubby thought I had a problem during it. That hurt not the scope. I was cut for it. I see you needed some Lovin too so Sending you A big Hug and lots of Lovin. It will be okay too.

support