Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: MENISCUS SURGERY 1 WEEK AGO  (Read 782 times)

Offline queenie90247

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
MENISCUS SURGERY 1 WEEK AGO
« on: April 06, 2006, 09:26:31 AM »
IM VERY NEW TO THIS SITE SO IM NOT SURE IM DOING THIS RIGHT. 2 MONTHS AGO I FELL DOWN MY STAIRS AND TORE MY MENISCUS ON THE INSIDE OF TYHE KNEE. I HAD SURGERY 1 WEEK AGO   CAN WALK WITH A LIMP AND AM HAVIN PROBS BENDING KNEE THE KNEE.  STILL HAVE STITCHES IN ANED HAVE A DOC APT TOMORROW. THE LAST FEW DAYS  PAIN HASBEEN WORSE TWITCHING IN THE KNEE AND THROBBING ESP WHEN I GET UP AND WHEN ITS BED TIME    HAVE PAIN IN LOWER LEG  AND BEHIND KNEE AS WELLNOT SURE IF ALL OF THISIS NORMAL

Offline femur

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • "it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt"
Re: MENISCUS SURGERY 1 WEEK AGO
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 09:59:14 AM »
i would say that the doc is going to tell you to take it easy.
The twitching is most likeky a little muscle spasm.  are you using crutches or anyting to assit you in walking?
i would take it easy for a whole a see what happeneds.
22 f
broke right femur in 03
several surgerys on right knee since
no cartilage in right knee under patella.
Having OATS 2.20.06

Offline celinenj03

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 01:27:22 PM »
I'm 3 weeks post op and I would say that it is a slow recovery. The muscle twitches are probably normal, I felt them a lot the first few days. Once you start PT, you'll feel better. It's so hard to be patient. I can walk now without any pain, but I'm still sore and slow but I can promise you it does get better....eventually. These people who bounce back after a week, I don't know... they probably have super muscle mass and the more muscle you have around your knee the less strain on your knee. If you're not in PT to build muscle perhaps that is something you should fight for. It does make a difference and definitely makes you feel like you are accomplishing something! All the best and God bless!

PS. - Oh, I forgot to mention (ask your doc first of course) that when I was 1 week post op, I couldn't bend all the way either, but gradually did get better. I was also taking 2,400 mg. of Ibuprofen. Yes, you are reading that correctly.... 2,400 mg. I always made sure I took them on a full stomach. They helped IMMENSELY with swelling and pain and I even believe they keep the blood thin enough. I don't believe I have much scar tissue at all. Ask your doc if you can up your meds for awhile just to get your range of motion going. Being stiff for too long is no good. You've got to get that knee moving for it to heal well. YOU'RE GOING TO BE FINE THOUGH! Keep us posted!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 01:30:54 PM by celinenj03 »
Terrible Triad - 1/16/06 - Basketball
3/15/06 - Scope/Cleanout of to achieve full ROM
5/3/06 - Surgery-ACL Reconstruction-Allograft
9/12/07 - Large Loose body removed;Grade 4 Lesion on LFC
9/17/08-Microfracture, Lateral Release (all right knee)

Offline spooky

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 07:43:35 AM »
Hi

Start PT as soon as possible I started the next day after surgery and it made a huge difference.  Keep your leg raised as much as possible as well also massage yoru calfs upwards it helps.  Are you still icing yor knee and are you still taking anti inflamatories this really helped me I didn't have pain but a lot of swelling