Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: What would you do with THIS diagnosis??  (Read 749 times)

Offline myonlybliss

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
What would you do with THIS diagnosis??
« on: April 05, 2006, 03:56:48 PM »
After seeing so many orthos, and going to PT for over 6 years now, i feel no closer to a solution than when i began.

I have been to over half a dozen orthos (sports medicine orthos actually) and physical therapy 4 different times.  No-one has been able to tell me what is wrong with my knee yet!!!!!  It hurts primarily with physical activity--running, elliptical, bike, and squats.  The last Doctor i went to at Atlanta Orthopedics (Dr. Ziegler) told me that he just simply didn't know what was wrong.  He said the only thing he could offer was to go in and do arthroscopy but to not be upset if i woke up and he had not found anything---he said it would be a "fishing expedition." The last time I saw him he reiterated that he didn't know what it could be and that maybe my pain was psychological!!!!!!! 
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 04:10:53 PM by myonlybliss »
"and from then on, whenever I was going somewhere..... I was RUNNING!!!"

-FG

Offline celinenj03

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: What would you do with THIS diagnosis??
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 04:28:11 PM »
My OS is one of the very best in our area. Big time sports medicine ortho and even after reading my MRI could not determine that my meniscus was "flipped" into my joint. I mean, he could see that it was slightly torn, and he deduced something was stuck in there based on my complaints and symptoms but until he actually went in did he see the actual injury. If your pain persists, and enough time has elapsed perhaps a fishing expedition is in order, but not by the quack who told you your pain was psychological. ::)

« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 04:30:36 PM by celinenj03 »
Terrible Triad - 1/16/06 - Basketball
3/15/06 - Scope/Cleanout of to achieve full ROM
5/3/06 - Surgery-ACL Reconstruction-Allograft
9/12/07 - Large Loose body removed;Grade 4 Lesion on LFC
9/17/08-Microfracture, Lateral Release (all right knee)