Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Still Confused with Medial Pain  (Read 768 times)

Offline bobbuilder

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Still Confused with Medial Pain
« on: April 03, 2006, 08:41:05 AM »
Hi all

Its now 8 months since I landed hyperextended and injured my knee playing football and I am still no closer to solving the problem of why my knee continues to ache on the medial side.

I've had 2 MRI's both negative. An arthosophy which didn't find anything at all. Utltrasound examination and last 6 days ago a cortisone injection in an area which my OS thought was slightly inflamed. Oh yes and lots of RICE, PT from various PTs etc.

My OS (second one now) has ruled out ACL, PCL, MCL, LCL, plica problems on the way and is stumped for a solution.

No sign of the cortisone injection working at all, which is not really a surprise, as previously I have had a pain killing injection and it made no difference to the pain level.

My OS is not mindful to go inside again, as he doesn't think he'll find anything significant. I fear they will push me back to more PT and blame weak inbalanced muscles for the pain. He did talk about referring me on to a colleague in London, but I respect this guy and can't see what any othe OS would do to uncover this mysterious injury.

Any suggestions to what may be causing this continual pain.

Bob
17 years old
Injured left knee 17 July 05
X-Ray and MRI - Clear as day
Arthroscopy 8th Nov 05 - perfect knee
Arthroscopy 9th May 06 - medial plica removal

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Still Confused with Medial Pain
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 04:00:48 PM »
Take this second opinion..every doc is specialized in certain ways and if he say he can't help but want to offer help then you should go ahead for it. Shows that he care and do what he can for you and not give up on finding treatment for you.Good luck !!

HUGS NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

support