Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Cannot Understand MRI print out -- PLEASE HELP  (Read 2192 times)

Offline lillykim

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • I love the Simpsons!!
Cannot Understand MRI print out -- PLEASE HELP
« on: April 05, 2003, 10:34:17 PM »
Hello,
I am looking for some insight about my recent MRI.  The doc really did not explain too much, only that he was refering me to an Orthopedic.  So here is what my MRI says (parts which I think may mean something)......

Medial meniscus has linear signal abnormalities in the body and posterior horn without involvement of the superior or inferioe articulated surface.

Minimal fluid is noted

A focal area of intermediate signal abnormality is noted within the medial facet cartiladge of the patella

A focal area of intermediate  signal abnormality is also noted within the cartiladge of the medial femoral condyle posteriorly.  The defect is 8mm and is less intense than fluid.

If someone would be able to help me out with this I would greatly appreciate it!!  THANK YOU ;D

Offline Lizzie - UK

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • Fibromyalgia diagnosed Dec 2003 - OA in both knees
    • E30 Zone
Re: Cannot Understand MRI print out -- PLEASE HELP
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2003, 12:05:52 AM »
Lillykim

I think I speak for most of us and say that although we know a lot about our knee problems, we are not medically trained.  We can not give you a proper diagnosis of your MRI.

You really need to see your OS to see what is wrong with your knee.

I'm sorry if this is not very helpful.

To me if I had this report - I would think that it says that I probably have a posterior tear in my medial meniscus but no articular cartilage damage.  There is internal swelling and that there is some damage of the cartilage of the back of my inside of my femur condyle..  But this is just my opinion.

You really need to wait to see your OS.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2003, 12:07:17 AM by Lizzie »
Past History of L&R Knee
Bilateral OA
Medial Meniscal Tears
Lateral Releases & Medial Reefings
Ruptured LCL, MCL & PCL
Adhesions in the interconylar notch of ACL removed
Suprapatella plication
Debridements/Lavages
Deep chondral fissure in crest of patella
Awaiting MRI - LK
TKR - RK

Offline ATsoccergirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • Practice safe sports, use an athletic trainer
Re: Cannot Understand MRI print out -- PLEASE HELP
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2003, 03:53:02 PM »
possible dx-

=>medial mensical tear (from what it sounds like it may be able to be repaired rather than just removed)

=>some chondromalacia of the patella, I think that the majority of people have this to some degree.

=>8mm hole in the articular cartilage of the medial femoral condyle
1999 LR, 2002 ACL/PLC recon, reversal of LR, 2004 ACL revision, 2006 Car accident torn PCL and small fractures resulting in bone chips in my knee.  Torn MCL 3 times.  Wicked screws under IT band and Pes Anserine.  June 2008-Hip Arthroscopy.