Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Please Help  (Read 812 times)

Offline Pen

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Please Help
« on: March 27, 2006, 04:55:35 PM »
Hi
My left knee just wont extend fully - it feels straight when I am on a sofa but when on the floor it hurts and is not as straight as the other one.  Also I can't lift my heel off the floor at all and can't really press down my kneecap on to the floor at all.   

My questions are: will this get better with physio?  And if not, what can be done about it?  also, what is causing it? (it is not not extending because of pain, I try and push it down but it just won;t go).  The physio said maybe the MCL has healed a bit shorter - but if this is the case, what is the solution????

Thanks so much for your replies as this is doing my head in.  x

Offline tensha

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Please Help
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 05:13:58 PM »
have you had surgery? can you please explain who this started..
I had surgery nov of 2005 my situation is the same as yours can't strecht, feel like my right let is shorter when walking
etc etc        Had enough PT now going to the GYM to do aquatics  I think this is for life!

Offline Pen

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 05:26:44 PM »
hi, not had surgery - i am only 5 weeks post injury- mcl grade 3, acl partial or complete, pcl sprain and small medial meniscus tear - i amhoping to avoid surgery if poss - sounds as if you have the same problem though - what sort of surgery did you have?

Offline tensha

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 11:52:50 PM »
Hello again, I had partial meniscus orthoscopy, been under rehab since dic 1st I haven't been able to go back to work
my job requires me to be very physical active I'm 59 years old, very healthy otherwise TAKE CARE