Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Don't know if I should be worried or not  (Read 777 times)

Offline lizg

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Don't know if I should be worried or not
« on: March 27, 2006, 04:08:45 AM »
Thirteen days ago I was in a car accident.  Nothing broken, just alot of brusing.  Both of my knees hit the glove box and were bruised.  I went to the ER and x-rays were taken.  He said that everything was ok.  I am still having pain in both knees (but mainly the left knee) and there is still swelling around the left knee.  Sometimes I feel buring in that area or it feels like pins are being stuck in my knee.  It really hurts to squat down or put any pressure on my knees.  A couple of times, my knee has given way when I stand up. 

I don't know if anything is still wrong or is it just that this will take time to heal.  I'd appreciate any and all help.  Thanks

Liz

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Don't know if I should be worried or not
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 06:16:44 AM »
Try rest,elevate and ice as much as possible if you're not getting better in a couple of weeks make an appointment with a OS specialized on knees. Bruising can take time to heal and the pins and needle feeling you have can be a reaction of swelling inside.
Good luck to you !!

HUGS NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline stgiles16

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
    • My photo album
Re: Don't know if I should be worried or not
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 03:55:12 PM »
Liz, I was in a car accident 5 yrs ago and my left knee hit the dash. the pain did not go away so I saw an OS ( three actually) . It turns out that when my knee hit the dash, I tore a large chunck of articular cartilage off of my medial femoral chondyle. That is one possibility for you. It could also be a meniscus tear. If it keeps hurting, get it checked out by an OS. An x-ray wont show meniscus or articular cart. damage.
good luck
missy
2 ligament recons right ankle
2 arthroscopic,
5 open knee procedures
2 Plica removals
bone spur removal
2 microfractures
4 debridements
2 open LOAs all on left knee
Arthritis,both knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, hands,spine
Fibromyalgia