Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Anyone know what I might have done?  (Read 987 times)

Offline doublea21

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
Anyone know what I might have done?
« on: March 27, 2006, 02:18:10 AM »
I have problems with contiued subluxations and dislocations of my right knee after my TTT and I am waiting to have an MPFL reconstruction in July.  Yesterday, I stood up from a chair and my knee immediatly hyperextended and then I could not put weight on my leg without painful hyperextension.  My knee didn't really swell at all but I did ice it last night.  When I woke up this morning, I was still having problems with keeping my knee from hyperextending and there is a sharp pain on the lateral side when I put weight on my leg.  I am following the RICE protco. I was wondering if people think that I might have done something else to my knee?  It is not the same pain as when my knee dislocates so I don't know what could be causing it.  Any help would be appreciated.

Amy
Dec 98 - R and L knee LR and VMO advancement
Dec 00 - L knee TTT
May 02 - R knee TTT and VMO advancement
Dec 04 - R knee screw removal
still too many subluxations and dislocations
July 06 - R knee MPFL Reconstruction

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Anyone know what I might have done?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 06:20:32 AM »
Amy a hyperextended knee can be really painful. Maybe talking with your doc and see if you can get a brace until you have your surgery would be a great idea to prevent form hyperextending..I have that kind of brace and it works.And at same time you can ask about your knee. I don't think you damaged it more.

HUGS NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline doublea21

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
Re: Anyone know what I might have done?
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 03:26:51 PM »
Thanks Nettan,

I guess I was worried when it happened.  My OS is out of town for the next 2 weeks, so I guess i will just wear my knee brace until then and see if it helps to stop my knee from hyperextending, which I can't do without it right now. 

Amy
Dec 98 - R and L knee LR and VMO advancement
Dec 00 - L knee TTT
May 02 - R knee TTT and VMO advancement
Dec 04 - R knee screw removal
still too many subluxations and dislocations
July 06 - R knee MPFL Reconstruction