Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: What is the problem?  (Read 672 times)

Offline mikewatson

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
What is the problem?
« on: March 26, 2006, 11:37:29 AM »
Hi, I'm new to the group so I hope someone can offer some advice.
My problem started 3 years ago, I think after playing football, although no pain was evident at the time. However the pain became severe after a long walk a month or so later.
The problem was that when I was walking it appeared that my kneee tightened at the top of the calf muscle, at the back of the knee and also around the front below the knee cap, this only happened as I lifted the leg whilst walking. The pain was unbearable to the point where the knee would not bend whilst walking.
After self help, ie not doing any exercise, or even walking for some time, the pain got less and less, intil I could walk moderate distances again, although I am always mindful that the problem did not totally go away.
On Friday 24th March I decided that I would play a round of golf, unfortunately the problem has reoccured, after 9 holes i had to quit as again I could not swing the leg forward when walking.
The knee is not painful to stand on, and does not ache when I am not moving, just through the motion of walking!
I am an ageing 38 yr old, Has anyone any advice/thouhts/suggestions.

Regards

Mike

support