Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Mobic  (Read 1757 times)

knee deep in Goo

Mobic
« on: March 25, 2006, 01:10:46 AM »
I been taking mobic for a week now and I noticed my pain levels are way way down.. Anybody else taking this ?[/glow]

Offline aussiemike

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Mobic
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 05:19:08 AM »
I been taking mobic for a week now and I noticed my pain levels are way way down.. Anybody else taking this ?
Don't know how you did that but your post comes out completely blank on my screen.
Anyway, love mobic - the new generation of antiinflamitories are so efficacious and so kind to my stomach.

Offline Jennifer

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 06:47:28 AM »
I was on Mobic for over a year and was having fairly good results.  The Mobic was able to take the edge off of the deep bone ache.  This past winter I tried Limbrel and have had great results.

Good luck,

Jennifer
11/98 LR+chondro(L);Maquets T3 5/99(L),5/00(R);8/00 bilat hdwr removal;7/01 chondro+therm shrink(L)10/01-therm shrink(R);2/02, LR +chondro+menis repair(R);7/01 access navic excis (L) foot;11/02, bilat Baker's Cyst Asp;12/03 Roux-type T3 +meniscus trim(R),12/04 Roux-type T3(L) :o :o :o

Offline Audice

• Global Moderator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 11:25:22 AM »
I've used Mobic for both my animals & me for a number of years. Where I've had old dogs on it regularly with great results (& I do use the people med rather than the liquid prescribed for dogs) I used it off & on instead of any other OTC NSAID.

I found it worked beautifully for my general aches & pains but when I first injured my knee & tried it, it did nothing for the kind of pain I was having at the time. I used vicodin for a few days until the worst was over then on to liquid Advil.

The one drawback with Mobic was that if you didn't get the relief you were hoping for, you were committed to it for 24 hours & that was a scary thought with the kind of pain I was having initially.

Knee deep...I got a blank screen, too...Ellie
April, 2005 - ACL rupture, medial meniscus tear within posterior horn to articular surface, abnormal signal within lateral meniscus, partial tear MCL, bone contusions tibia/fibula, Baker's cyst.
No repairs.

Offline jerman710

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2006, 03:15:21 PM »
I too took Mobic for about a week. I didn't notice any relief from it. If you are taking it, watch your blood pressure. I had mine checked after the week and my blood pressure was  180/101. Normally my BP runs 120-130/80. The OS had me stop taking it immediately. My BP went back to normal after that.

Jerry

Blank screen here too!!
43 yrs old
6/21/05 arthroscopy rt knee meniscus tear
10/5/05 2nd arthroscopy rt knee another meniscus tear
2/15/06 Fulkerson, LR, debridement and yet another menscal tear Rt knee
10/18/06 microfracture right knee
10/23/09 debridement right knee
6/16/10 PFJR right knee scheduled

knee deep in Goo

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 07:10:54 AM »
Good tip on the blood pressure .. I will check mine out and see if any noticed increase.  I have been very moody lately..  with some pain.. Dunno if its just my period..  or just utter frustration on not feeling close to being better yet..  Puttting pressure on myself.. why am I not healed .. I go back to work on April 11 and well constantly fretting over ..  appearing disabled in front of my peers and what not.. ya know carrying my laptop .. cane and maybe bringing my cyro cuff for pain management during the day..  I dont want to be like a specticle .. but  If i am going to make it into work two days a week.. and work from home three..  plus PT 3 times a week and an hour drive each way..  I know i am worrying about things I cant control.  There is a doctor in the office twice a week and a nurse on staff as well. I know i can have some privacy if i need to cuff and lay down a bit.

support