Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: HELP..... stitches problem  (Read 7105 times)

Hop skip n jump

Re: HELP..... stitches problem
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2006, 02:25:01 PM »
Oh Heather,
What a pile of poo! (At least your splint doesn't smell like that tee hee) I'm so sorry to hear that you had crappy news. Although you said you'd have to have a cat scan to make sure....could they be wrong...perhaps it isn't broken,...

Ouch...I'm all crossed again! lol  :o  ;D

Keep your chin up

Hop

P.S Rover says sorry!

Offline heather k from wales

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • Ouch!!
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2006, 02:36:44 PM »
Im really hoping they are wrong, but they took xrays from 4 different angles and I could hear them nattering about it in the next room, so Im not too hopeful on that :P
Oh well, another bump along the road to recovery ::)

Ill keep you all updated as I get news.......
They are hoping to get it scanned before my next appointment in 2 weeks.....knowing NHS though, that will probably be 12 months down the road :P....at least we dont have to pay rediculous fees though ::)

Take care,

Heather ;)

91 Mangled Right knee on trials motorbike
94 Meniscus Repair
95 ACL/LCLrec,notchplasty,bone graft
01 90% Menisectomy
02 Scope
03 ACLrec,LAD
OA,osteophytes
04 Ch'plasty, ACLdeb,Suprapatella mbr ex, haematoma
04 Scope
March 06 Scaphoid op/bone graft
Nov 07 Thyroid Cancer ops x 2, radiation

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Ouch!!
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2006, 12:49:42 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Im now almost 10 weeks post op.  I went to the Hand Clinic for my CT Scan results today and had even more x-rays.....24 in total so far and more to come in 6 weeks  :o :o :o  Ive began to glow in the dark....a bit loke on the 'Ready Break' adverts ;D
I actually saw the surgeon who did the operation....1st time since the operation.  He looked at the xrays and was pleased that there was no break...but actually the graft had taken extremely well and was very pleased with the results so far.  He had me bend my wrist and grip his hands and was so pleased that I can dump my splint gradually over the next few weeks......Yippee ;D  Im SO pleased with the results...although my wrist is very sore if turned sideways or just caught wrong....but there was no sign of any bony damage, which is great.
I celebrated by spending some money in the Garden Center on the way home and getting a haircut.....and for the 1st time after an appointment, I didnt need chocolate (not that I didnt want some....but didnt actually need a chocolate fix) :o

Anyway, Boys and Girls, I hope you are all fit and well and looking after those knees.......

Take care,

Heather ;)
94 Meniscus Repair
01 90% Menisectomy
02 Scope
03 ACLrec,LAD
OA,osteophytes
04 Scope

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2006, 08:36:02 PM »
Hi Heather
Great News that you have healed well - inspite of your unskilled assistance ;D

Be careful with that gardening - don't over do it! - much healthier than chocolate!

take care
anja
1978 - ruptured acl and all cartalidge removed.
several debridements over years
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !
BIOMET AGC  TKR  (with 10 yr warranty !)

Hop skip n jump

« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2006, 12:30:15 AM »
Hi Heather 

Na na na na na I was right! Seriously though I'm chuffed to ribbons for you. No more stinky (even though you wash it) hand splint!
WoooooooooooHoooooooooooo ;D ;D ;D

I changed my dressing on my knee tonight...and took the staple remover out of the bag and ......thought of you!  ;) I was so tempted to have a little go, not because they itch or hurt or anything just because I've never done it before and it for a split second seemed like a good idea! Needless to say I put the opened packet in the bag where it will stay until the district nurse comes on Friday. I am going to do at least one of them though!

Go careful with your hand for a while.

Happy Days
Hop  ;D

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Ouch!!
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2006, 10:44:59 AM »
I am just SO pleased with how well it has healed....I spent yesterday with a huge grin from ear to ear, it was as if all my Christmas's came at once!! ;D
I really expected to go the appointment and come away in plaster.
Im not worried about any pains because they are just silly niggles and definatley not the bone pulling apart ;D although the scar is incredibly sensitive...it feels like a knife slicing in when I catch it on an edge, like the kitchen cupboard :-[
It feels like I were given the key to my shackles on Tuesday....its the best feeling ever ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Anja...I would muh rather chocolate than digging with those wormy things....I only bought a few plants and some pots...so no major job....just 5 mins plopping them into their pots, a few more to go into my nice big sandstone trough and hey-presto.....its done!! ;D

Hop, DONT even think about it........read through my post again....and again....then decide whether or not you should take the staples out ::)  What are you thinking of telling the District Nurse when she arrives to take the staples out and they are already gone......'Mmmmmm, I cant remember any staples, dont know what you are talking about Nursey'
My God I know how you feel though....its a punishment to even give you the staple removing tool....its like waving a carrot infront of a donkey......eyore!!

Ill let you all know how the appointment in 6 weeks goes........Im hoping that will be the last :D ???

Take care,

Heather ;)
94 Meniscus Repair
01 90% Menisectomy
02 Scope
03 ACLrec,LAD
OA,osteophytes
04 Scope

Hop skip n jump

« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2006, 08:12:43 PM »
Hi Heather

Are you still like the Cheshire Cat in my picture? Tee Hee. I had to post and tell you this. The district nurse came around to take my staples out today and she let me do the last one! Tee Hee so I did do it all by myself!  :o ;D
http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j134/Hop1/
I have kept the staples! Look! Tee Hee

Have a lovely bank holiday.
Happy Days
Hop
 ;D

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Ouch!!
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2006, 10:43:32 PM »
Hop, your Cheshire Cats' grin is nothing compared to my grin ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D....Im still bouncing with excitement ;D...it feels as if I have had a complete turn around over night.

On the staples....You sicko ;D......ha ha, I managed to do the whole lot of mine....under supervision though.  My friends daughter has a 'body bits' box with all daft things in like sun burned peeled skin, her dads black toe nail, all her baby teeth, a set of false teeth, a real glass eye (which I bravely scrounged from a one-eyed neighbour :o ) and.....my staples and staple remover tool ;D
I bet it feels 100x better now they are out, I remember getting mine out and feeling as though I could bend my knee loads more, wow that feeling was good ;D.......Im still wandering if my wrist stitches will ever come out??? Im sure I can feel them under the skin, like thin, sharp, stringy things :P

I was out and about today and whenever I put my hand out for change, my wrist scar stuck out like a sore thumb........I felt as if everyone thought I must have got very depressed and got the razor blade out...........Mmmmmm Im sure it will fade to almost nothing though :P

Take good care,

Heather ;)
94 Meniscus Repair
01 90% Menisectomy
02 Scope
03 ACLrec,LAD
OA,osteophytes
04 Scope

Hop skip n jump

« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2006, 11:11:21 PM »
Hi Smiley Heather

Body bits! Eugh! Once again I am giggly like a small child from your post! Thanks!  ;D ;D I want a body bits box! All I have is staples though! Oh and the remover and perhaps in a couple of weeks time some toe nail,oooo and part of my scab that I can pick offf! Feeling a little nauseous yet!?

My staples didn't irritate me at all, they didn't itch or pull! Mind you mostly around my incision site is numb anyway! Is there any way they can tell where stitches are inside your wrist? Are they irritating you?

I dunno gammy leg gammy wrist, me with my gammy leg, if we were horses they'd put us down!
 ;)
Hop  ;D

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Ouch!!
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2006, 07:48:13 AM »
Oh Yummy, so nice to read your post as I was eating breakfast :-X :-X :-X.....especially the bit about the scabby bit :o ;D

As for your body bits box....Ill see what I can get from the Body Worlds exhibition for you....that should make a good start ;D ;D ;D...hey, if my neighbour was happy to give his glass eye.... ;D ;D ;D

Ill try and post a photo of my wrist...its a bit of a squiggly scar....I look a bit like a reallly dedicated Harry Potter fan....almost as extreme as the Nurse in 'Misery' :o :o
I know the stitches are definatley still in there as I was the dumb @ss to snap the ends off them (or Rover was) ;D  It is unbelievably sensitive and I hate any clothing against it.  Yesterday I had to roll my coat sleeve over to prevent it from rubbing.  I may get one of those sports wrist sweat bands to prevent it from doing this ::)  Ill see how it goes over the next few days or so.  Maybe I should just learn to get used to it rather than baby it :P
It does get very itchy and the more I scratch, the more it itches.....I dont know whether or not this is an itchy stitch problem or not.....makes me wonder ???
Im off for hand therapy on Thursday, so Ill work hard by then and hopefully she will say to get on with it on my own.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i85/heatherkwales/7c7c4c87.jpg

Did it work??

Have a fun and pain-free day,

Heather ;D
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 07:50:50 AM by heather k from wales »
94 Meniscus Repair
01 90% Menisectomy
02 Scope
03 ACLrec,LAD
OA,osteophytes
04 Scope

Hop skip n jump

« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2006, 03:30:34 PM »
Hi Heather

My god! It totally looks like Harry Potters scar! Do you have any special powers too? What are you like on a broom!  ;)
Doesn't the body normally push out alien bodies like your stiches? Do you think they will eventually surface? If they do don't you bloody pick! lol Just realised I have just done the manic question answering thing again! Ooops! Sorry  :-X

I haven't taken any meds today at all yet! This surgery really isn't as painful as I thought it was going to be having read up on here! Mind you in saying that i have had knee pain for such a long time I'm used to it!

Have a lovely bank holiday
Happy Days
Hop

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2006, 08:07:09 PM »
Hi H & H

you two are disgusting!
hop you sure you're not on meds? you sound a bit high!

I have got my cartalidge in a glass bottle from when I was 18 ! - The hospital left it by my bed after the op! Thats private care - you get everything you pay for!
anja
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Ouch!!
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2006, 10:40:26 AM »
Hop, Im not too good on a broom, and after having my wrist done, I was pretty naff on the hoover for quite a while, so my house looked as dusty as Hogwarts too ;D ;D  I managed to give it a mega mega clean the other day and it sparkled like a new pin now....wish I had a magic wand, make a spell and hey, all the dust and grime has gone :D
I did feel a bit like I could fly whilst I was on the morphine though....does that count??

The stitches may or may not surface....its a guessing game.......could happen today, could happen next year, could happen when Im 90....who knows ???  If they do start to creep out....do you really think Ill be able to leave them alone......Ill just want to pull the little monsters out :o
Its a bit like the 'wet paint' sign, can you resist touching it to see if it really is wet??  didnt think so :P

The news on your pain levels is really great, thats brill, lets hope you just improve every day.  Fingers are crossed for you.

Anja, do you realy have your cartilage in a bottle??, and you call us disgusting???....Mmmm, strange person ;D

Take care and have a fun Bank Holiday,

Heather ;)

94 Meniscus Repair
01 90% Menisectomy
02 Scope
03 ACLrec,LAD
OA,osteophytes
04 Scope

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2006, 12:49:48 PM »
It would have been rude not to have accepted their kind gift ;D

The jar is somewhere in the attic - not somethiny you keep on show!

Don't think I will be keeping the staples though - just a photo or two.

Lovely day today at last.

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Ouch!!
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2006, 01:57:13 PM »
Hello everyone...I hope you are all having a pain-free knee day today

Well, things are going from great to mega great as far as the wrist is concerned :D ;D

I went to the hand therapist this morning for my list of exersizes to build my wrist up and strengthen it.......
well before she did that I was put through a series of tests...bend it up and down, side to side....etc.....
then came the BIG strength test :o :o I had to wait for the computer to warm up (it was old and needed a bit of coal in the back to fire it up)....then the steam started to puff out of the top.....and.......... ;D
I was put on the squeeze-ometer (not the technical name) ;D I was asked to squeeze on a gadget as hard as possible with my right (the good wrist), then the same with my left, then repeat 3 times....
Then I was on the pinch-ometer, right, left etc...
All this had a graph with the squiggly lines on the screen showing my progress.

The results were printed.....and.....my bad was at 43kgs average and good at 48kgs average.  Mmmm it meant nothing to me, except that the good was a bit better than the bad....
I asked for a comparison to an average person..... well, for my age, a good healthy wrist should be able to squeeze 33kgs :o :o  Who-ha, my bad is almost 30% stronger than the average person....even before any strengthening exersizes....

I knew it, I knew it....I DO have super powers ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Needless to say, I have been kicked out of hand therapy without any exersizes for being way too ahead of myself ;D ;D

For the extremely sensitive scar problem, I have been given a wierd jelly sticky silicone patch which should help reduce the bumpyness of the Harry Potter scar, help reduce the redness and help reduce the sensitivity.....I think ???
Its a wierd thing....I wear it at night then wash it under the tap in the morning and towel dry it, then put the backing back on the sticky side ready for the next night.....wierd eh???

I have more x-rays and a clinic appointment in 5 weeks.

Speak later....

Heather Potter ;D ;D
94 Meniscus Repair
01 90% Menisectomy
02 Scope
03 ACLrec,LAD
OA,osteophytes
04 Scope