Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Maybe things are looking up! (Spoke too soon - Maybe not!)  (Read 2935 times)

Hop skip n jump

Re: Maybe things are looking up! (Spoke too soon - Maybe not!)
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2006, 04:13:27 PM »
Hi Laura

Pants, pants, pants, pants, pants.
Don't know how to reply to that Laura. The only thing I can think of is perhaps getting another opinion? Are you saying that you aren't going to physio anymore? If you are not going back but they haven't discharged you at least if you do need to go again you won't have to be referred and wait again??

Have you tried any alternative therapy?

Hop

Offline Doc79316

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • OSCAR
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2006, 04:31:40 PM »
Hop,

Tried therapy where electric currents are passed through the leg, tried hydrotherapy (and my mom has a pool so I can carry on with that) and I can do physio on my own at home. Keeping up with the physio isn't a problem - it's just what they're gonna do next.
Definitely can't live with it like this. What if I live until I'm 100 - another 68 years of chronic pain? No thanx!

Laura
Left knee surgery
08/06/02-L/Release
13/08/03-Fulkerson TTT
05/06/05-Stabilisation & Medialisation/Tendon Transfer
13/01/06-Proximal Hamstring Superior Stabilisation
06/03/06-RSD/CRPS diagnosed
20/07/06 + 03/04/07-Excision of scar tissue
29/05/15-Arthroscopy
02/03/20-Left transfemoral amputation

Offline Doc79316

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • OSCAR
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2006, 04:10:28 PM »
Hey all,

Well - it just gets better and better!

The day started off with me scraping the side of the car against a concrete bollard so now I have to get the whole panel resprayed.

Yesterday I went back to the hospital to get a Bledsoe hinged knee brace fitted - which incidentally runs the length of my leg and is absolutely enormous so I have to wear it over my clothes!    :-[

The guy I saw first wasn't sure which type of brace so went next door to check with my OS, as he was running his clinic yesterday afternoon. The brace they had in mind was a complete/full leg cast to be set at 30 degrees. Cast as in full plaster. Fortunately my OS said no and that I need to have a small amount of movement. SO - that sorted, my calf started to swell up fo rno apparent reason. It was like watching a ballonn being inflated. So then I get carted off to A&E with a suspected blood clot. Took them all of about 5 minutes to determine that it wasn't a blod clot but they had no answers as to why it should swell for no real reason. It's done this before, but I have to get it checked out just in case. With my luck, if I didn't, that would be the one time it would be a DVT.

Then I found out that I should have to go to the other side of the hospital to the people dealing with surgical applicances to get the necessary brace. Got myself pushed all the way in a chair with my lef stuck out straight in front of me. Fortunately we didn't crash or knock anyone over! :-\
The relevant people were told I was there but forgot about me so 90 minutes later I eventually got the brace.

Finally I got to go home and relax. Just as I was pulling into the drive my foot slipped off the clutch so I ended up reversing into the front bay window. No damage, just a bit of a bump.

I should have stayed in bed and refused to move. I could write a book on the stupid things that happen to me. It's just a shame they all seem to happen on the same day.

Laura x
Left knee surgery
08/06/02-L/Release
13/08/03-Fulkerson TTT
29/05/15-Arthroscopy

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2006, 05:15:08 PM »
Hi laura
sorry you are having such a sh1t time of it - I think that we all get days like that - just your turn today!

Bad luck with the car. glad it wasn't me - would hate to have to explain that to my hubbie! lol - would never hear the end of it.

I had a brace when I was 18 absolutley hated it so I can sympathise with that too.

Hope you have a better day tomorrow
anja
1978 - ruptured acl and all cartalidge removed.
several debridements over years
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !
BIOMET AGC  TKR  (with 10 yr warranty !)

Offline Doc79316

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • OSCAR
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2006, 09:40:33 PM »
Hey Anja,

Thanx for that. My hubbie was OK about the car but I won't hear the last of it for a long time. I'll definitely have a better day tomorrow - after all, could it get any worse?!

I'm able to see the funny side today. My sense of the ridiculous has returned so I can laugh about what's happened. It's good to laugh after so long feeling miserable.

Take care,

Laura
Left knee surgery
08/06/02-L/Release
13/08/03-Fulkerson TTT
29/05/15-Arthroscopy

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2006, 10:17:30 PM »
this is the third attempt at a reply - think my touchpad has got over sensitive so every time i knock it my message goes aaaaargh!!!

talk about sense of ridiculous - got on kitchen floor to fix washing machine yesterday and had to wait for hubbie to get home to get me off the floor as had nothing to get me up - how STUPID was that - he pointed out that animals are treated better kneegeeks!!lol - think I might have won myself a trip to the vet!

hopefully not too many more sense of humour failures!
take care anja
1978 - ruptured acl and all cartalidge removed.
several debridements over years
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !
BIOMET AGC  TKR  (with 10 yr warranty !)

support