Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: I've hurt my knee! Please help!  (Read 1035 times)

Offline PoppetK

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
I've hurt my knee! Please help!
« on: March 21, 2006, 10:04:07 AM »
I'm almost 2 weeks post surgery for a tibial plateau fracture.  My knee was feeling pretty good, not too sore or anything but last night for some reason just as I was dropping off my body done a massive jolt and I really moved my knee and today it's sore  :'(

When I try to move it it feels a lot more stiff and sore.  I think I can still bend it to about 90 deg (my previous ROM) but not as easily as before.  When it's resting it feels okay, tender but okay.  Previously I wasn't really getting any knee pain, just pain from my incisions and bruising.

I've got my first post-surgery appointment with my consultant tomorrow, am I best to just totally rest it today?  Keeping it elevated etc?

Please help, I'm probably panicing over nothing but it felt so good until today!

Hop skip n jump

Re: I've hurt my knee! Please help!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 10:33:04 AM »
Hi Poppet

I do those body jolt things just before I go off to sleep sometimes too, it's when I'm half dreaming that say something is going to fall on me or hit me or something! It scares the life out of me and wakes me up! I'm sure you faven't hurt your self seriuosly, your knee just didn't like it much. I would elevate ice and rest for today and hopefully by the time you see your OS tomorrow you will be feeling a whole lot better.

Good luck tomorrow
Hop
 ;)

Offline PoppetK

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 10:38:05 AM »
Thank you Hop.  That's exactly what the jolt was, only very violent!!!

Will keep rested today and hopefully be better tomorrow.  My rational brain is saying that if I had seriously injured it then I'd be in pain all the time, but you just can't help worrying sometimes!!!!

Offline ClimbingGirl

• Regular Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 11:10:59 AM »
I also get body jolts when I drop off to sleep - had them before my surgery as well but now they hurt! Sometimes jerk my arms too - husband not overly pleased with that one! Had a massive one the night I got home from hospital and the pain was hideous - I have had a hamstring graft taken to reconstruct my MPFL and spent a couple of days panicking that I'd ripped the new graft out. The pain, I think is from involuntary bending the leg more than its used to but so far doesn't seem to have done any damage - just hurts like hell at the time and very alarming!
I'd go with Hop on the ice and elevation thing - can only help.
Good luck with your OS appt!
CG  :)
Several L kneecap subluxations
R kneecap dislocation '00
Diagnostic scope Jan '06
R MPFL reconstruction & lateral release Mar '06
L MPFL reconstruction Dec '07

support