Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Still Need Help!  (Read 851 times)

Offline keenfootballer

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Still Need Help!
« on: March 20, 2006, 11:25:53 PM »
Hi Gang,

Ok, i'll try keep this as short as possible. I twisted my left knee back in August 2004. Tried the RICE, tried Physio, tried Osteo. No good. Had an MRI scan which revealed general wear and tear. Nov 2005, had arthoscopy. Slight Cartlidge damage repaired, joint washed. I reffered myself to a professional football club for physio rehab.Have strengthened the knee and muscles around to a very good level. However, there is a very distinctive clicking and jerking movement which seems to occur very easily. The consultants do not seem bothered as they are very reliant upon the scan which revealed nothing major. The consultants are adament that their job is now done. The physio insists there is a slight swelling the occurs. The Osteo seems to think that the cause my be from a twisted ankle i suffered a few years ago. But no one is able to help me over come the clicking/jerking effect. It happens at certain angles and not when im walking in a straight line. Ive been told time and time again that my injury was a minor injury and i should be ok to continue sporting activities soon. But this is just such a frustrating time for me as it seems nobody can help me overcome my injury.

When a knee twists, a loud clicking, cracking sound can occur. This has stayed with me and still occurs when my knee turns at an angle. Its rather like a scraping noise near the meniscus on the outer side of my knee. However, as i mentioned above, the consultants continue to insist that theres no problem, as thats what the MRI illustrates, and the surgeons did not report anything when they conducted the surgery.

Ps, when i originally damaged the knee, i never wore any real support. The knee still sometimes does not feel secure. is it too late to wear one now? I feel i could make use of a support that would help compress the joints and surronding back into place. would that be a good idea? The physio states its too late for knee supports as i can conduct many of the activities.

What do i do now? Where do i go? How do i over come this?

PLEASE HELP.

depressed footballer

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Still Need Help!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 06:43:58 PM »
Maybe you need to go on strenghten the knee to make it better or why not get a second opinion.
Even if you have a minor injury it can take time to heal.
Have you pain when you have this sound...if not it's very common for people to have clicking and cracking noises and that doesn't mean anything.

HUGS NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline keenfootballer

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 07:04:08 PM »
Thanks for your reply,

I've strengthened all the muscles around the knee. I conducted my physio treatment through West Ham United Football Club. However, the strengthening has not assited in overcoming the clicking/cracking. Its not the usual clicking/cracking as there is a very obvious jerking of the knee when the clicking/cracking happens. If im to turn at an angle, the change of direction is not smooth, the knee with jerk into place, thus making the clicking/cracking niose. rather like the bone is scraping. Its very much taking place near the meniscus on the outer side of my left knee, however, the MRI scans have come up good.  Slight swelling still persists after nearly 2 years. Ive seen 2 consultants already and they are adament that theres nothing to worry about! When i stretch, there is alot of pain, very centrally and right across the front of my knee.
Can anyone recommend a very good support that may help to compress the area as i still think that the knee feels very loose and sometimes even unsecure.

Whats the next step? Where do i go from here?

Offline keenfootballer

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 07:27:48 PM »
Any advise out there? Anyone suffering from a similar injury? Can anyone be of assist?

Offline keenfootballer

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 01:00:44 PM »
I've seen a few consultants through the NHS but i do remember one stating he thought the problem may be 'Jumpers Knee'. Could this be the case? Are the symtoms familiar to what others with jumpers knee suffer from? Please assist... :'(