Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Something's wrong but I don't know what.  (Read 801 times)

Offline Alcedema

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Something's wrong but I don't know what.
« on: March 20, 2006, 05:33:16 PM »
I've been looking around on different sites but there are so many different medical problems with the knee so i cannot tell whether mine is a really bad thing or just a phase.

I walk a fair bit, not a lot. I don't run. Whenever I go up stairs i get this feeling in my knee at the front that something may give way. Sometimes it will, with a sharp pain in the front of the knee (i think) and my knee collapses. If I go slowly (well, walk normally) upstairs then I only get the feeling. If i go quicker or run upstairs, that's when it collapses.. so obviously i dont run up them now :P

This is only in one knee and I used to run up/down stairs with no problem whatsoever. I now have to walk up my local car park's stairs in fear that my knee will collapse and I will damage something on the concrete stairs.

It's done it just now and I am sitting here typing this with the feeling still lingering, which it doesn't usually do. It usually collapses and thats it, pains gone. This feeling isnt painful, its just a weird feeling that I can't seem to describe.

Thanks and any ideas?

Offline Alla

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: Something's wrong but I don't know what.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 11:55:02 AM »
I'd go and see a good OS and see what they have to say. 

Alla
Torn ACL December 04
ACL Reco May 05
Cleared to return to sport May 06