Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Knee Injury and pain  (Read 1007 times)

Offline Byrdo11

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Knee Injury and pain
« on: March 21, 2006, 05:32:27 PM »
I was playing basketball with my son. I went to shoot a jump shot and when I came down I had a sharp pain on the lateral side of the knee. I went to the dr. the next day and they did all the tests for stability, etc. The dr. said that I had a slight sprain of the medial MCL and probably some minor meniscus damage. My ACL and PCL were fine. I did the ICE and the knee feels better but still sore. (after 3 weeks). The other day I jumped out of my truck and landed on my feet and again I felt that sharp pain on the lateral side of the knee.  What could cause that sharp lateral pain?

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Knee Injury and pain
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 06:37:55 PM »
What kind of doc did you see, a OS specialized on knees ?
Did this doc tell you what to do ?
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline Byrdo11

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 09:28:01 PM »
I saw a DO. She told me to ice and rest for 3 weeks. If it is no better, come back and she would schedule an MRI. She did not think I would need an MRI though. If it was better in 3 weeks, I could resume light workouts (Biking, eliptical trainer) and some light weight lifting to strengthen quads, hams, and gastrocs.

Offline sharshar

• Regular Poster
  • San Francisco, CA Baltimore, MD
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 11:10:21 PM »
If you do indeed have structural damage, I would speculate that a meniscus tear is the source of your sharp lateral pain. Is your knee swollen?
January 2006 - left knee: ACLR (allograft), partial lateral meniscectomy (~20% trimmed)

June 2007 - left knee: lateral meniscectomy (~5% trimmed), medial meniscectomy (~5% trimmed)

Offline Byrdo11

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 12:56:22 AM »
The knee does not seem to be swollen. The sharp pain only happens when I land from a jump. After that it is sore for a little while - maybe a day. Then it is fine. I know when I try to run it still hurts on the medial side from the MCL strain.