Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Dreams......  (Read 3115 times)

Offline wendy

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Dreams......
« on: April 03, 2003, 01:24:29 AM »
I have had this dream since I was 16. It is a true calling and the good Lord has yet to give up on me. I want to become an episcopal priest(yes, woman can be priests). When I went through the process to go to seminary after college they asked me to wait until I got my knees fixed. 11 years later and I am still working on that one.

I am close with our priest and he has given me his full support. This means more than the world to me. Bc I will probably always been disabled and in the past I have been told that unless I was fairly fixed up there wasn't much hope.

To make a long story short the good man e-mailed me today. Yesterday was my lowest day in years. Everything went wrong that could and my pain was soo bad and out of any sense of control. He told me that he will always support me and to never give up on my dreams. To have one persons support at this point is like haveing the world behind me.

After reading his message I felt as though I might be able to handle tomorrow better than today.

God's Blessings,

Wendy
began running long distances at age 7. Now I have two knees that have given in to my abuse! 3 scopes, LRs, Patella tendon repositionings, and years of pain. PKR on both. Diagnosed with RSD 3/4/2003.

Offline Ross

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • it only hurts when I larf!
Re: Dreams......
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2003, 03:46:17 AM »
Wendy, if you have a calling you must follow it.  

To have got to the end of your life and then thought "I was once called but I had a sore knee that day" would be about the worst thing I could think of.  All churches need good people to act as their spiritual focus, the condition of their knees is not important, it's their hearts and what's in them that matter!

God bless you Wendy, "not my will but Thine" is not a bad motto by which to live.
I'm a grumpy old bear with a busted knee.  The growling you hear is my tummy rumbling!

Offline wendy

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2003, 06:27:17 PM »
Ross,

Thanks!!!! I live by a similair phrase of "God's Time not my time."

It is true I must follow this calling. How many times can God hit me over the head with a brick to remind me of what I am to be doing? He does have one heck of a sense of humor though to come knocking at my door:)

I will be going through with things soon. I honestly have soo many appointments right now that I can't so anything, but deal with my knees. At the same time I have a time limit on myself and plan to do things before that time is up.

God's Peace My Friend,

Wendy
began running long distances at age 7. Now I have two knees that have given in to my abuse! 3 scopes, LRs, Patella tendon repositionings, and years of pain. PKR on both. Diagnosed with RSD 3/4/2003.

Offline mj/usa

• Forum Faithful
  • glad to have my knee back again
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2003, 06:49:01 PM »
DEar Wendy and Ross--

I can't believe it:  I was feeling very down today, not so much with pain in the knee, just in general.  I chanced upon your posts and they have turned me around.  
God's Time not mine is wonderful---it puts everything in the right perspective, as it should be.  Our egos always get in the way, though, and obscure this simple truth.

Wendy---you are so lucky to have a calling.  Follow it, no matter what it takes, you sound like you will become an absolutely wonderful priest.

Take care
Mary Jane
plica excision 05/01,  followed by OATS 09/02

Offline wendy

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2003, 11:29:03 PM »
Mary Jane,

It is amazing how those simple "little" reminders can change our way of thinking(at least for that moment).

Yes, it is a constant battle, but I will not turn from this calling. No matter what I have to do. As my friend joking(yet seriously) said if he has to he will ordain me himself. Afterall, God is the one whho truely ordains!

Hope everyone has a blessed day. The sun is shining and it is in the 70's yet again today.

Wendy

Offline windbarb

• Forum Faithful
  • They call me Weather Bunny!
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2003, 11:43:24 PM »
Wendy,

If I ever moved to Asheville (and that's not so far-fetched... I work in climate, and the National Climatic Data Center is headquartered there), I'd attend your church in a heartbeat.  You have often had sound and inspiring comments on this site.  And hearing you talk about it makes me miss going to church (I haven't gone regularly in years, for one reason or another, but I am Episcopalian).  I hope that God does light your path back to the calling.  

Maybe the pain is a reason to pursue the calling, rather than to wait to follow it!  

Cheers,
Barb :)
1988-91: LK severe OSD, RK mild OSD
01/91: LK scope-flush. lingering pain
12/02: LK cortisone injection
3/03: LK scope-plica excision, partial synovectomy
11/04: L big toe cartilage/bone repair (fell)
now: L middle toe (broke; lingering pain), RK pain/swelling, neck pain/swelling

Offline wendy

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2003, 02:20:36 PM »
Barb,

It is funny how the pain is beginning to push me forward. Yes, I can't actually officially start the whole process, but just talking to others about it is a huge step for me. Like the rest of my limitations due to my legs I had filed away this calling. Now, it seems to be the one thing driving me forward.

Remember you don't have to worship in a "facility" to be worshiping. I say that, but I hate not attending every Sunday. I have to have a ride and with 3 kids it is difficult to get them ready wen my husband is working.

Peace My Friend,

Wendy

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2003, 05:00:54 PM »
Hi Wendy,

I peronally think that being called into the ministry is an exciting thing--I wish that I had what it took for that kind of special skill...

I was lucky enough (I know--others wouldn't necessarily think it lucky...) to attend an association meeting for our denomination yesterday.  The morning was consumed by a business meeting--but there was even a special quality top that of gentleness and cooperation with a common goal.  The afternoon began with a keynote speaker and then a worship servie--after, of course, a wonderful church home cooked meal...It was exactly what I needed to refill.

There was something very special about worshipping with some 35 pastors and taking Communion--and singing (albeit a lot off key...) some very familiar hymns, with my own pastor by my side--I can't describe it, but I know it was one of the best things I have done for myself in a long time.  (And the beauty of it  is that as a member of our church council, I was tecnically there for everyone else...nice how it turned out to reward me for the effort.)

I'd say if  you have that calling, you will find a way and you will do it.  It is a wonderful dream and a special gift for so  many.  Sylvia
Both kneesOA.
Scope on rt knee,9/00;2/01
scope w/ LR and debridement rt knee 2/02
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
Complications MUA 8/14/03
R TKR revisio

Offline Ross

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • it only hurts when I larf!
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2003, 03:39:22 AM »
Sylvia, we are all called to a greater or lesser extent to ministry.  It may manifest through an act of bravery in the face of adversity or kindness to another in need or even something as simple as a prayer.  Each of us, in our social interactions reflects the goodness and the hope that is at the core of all religions.  Our callings may vary but we are all called by name!  God knows and loves us all, His love is never ending and His healing there for the asking.
I'm a grumpy old bear with a busted knee.  The growling you hear is my tummy rumbling!

support