Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Update on my knee problems  (Read 672 times)

Offline PoppetK

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Update on my knee problems
« on: March 13, 2006, 10:53:48 PM »
I don't know if any of you remember me posting last week about the fact that I took a tumble and injured my knee.  I went to A&E but they said it was sprained and referred my to my GP, who then referred me to the fracture clinic.

Well, I attended the fracture clinic and it turned out I had fractured my plato (sp?) and needed surgery.  An xray picked it up and then a CT scan confirmed it.  What had happened was that I had depressed my bone on the outside edge and cracked it along the top.  The surgeon had to drill into my bone from the other side to push the depression out and then pack bone in behind it to hold it in place.  He then placed a screw in to hold it all.

I'm home now after being kept in for a week.  Knee bloody hurts but the physio was impressed with me.  I managed a 60 degreee bend the day after surgery and 2 days later got to 85 degrees all by myself, so they discharged me.  I'm non weight-bearing for 3 months.  Luckily I can extend the knee fully so I only need to work on the bending.  Am not going to be referred to the physio now until my stitches are taken out.  Have been given a hinged leg brace to wear which I HATE! 

Anyone else suffered from a similar injury?

Can I just thank everyone on here, I got some really useful information on here the days running up to my fracture clinic appointment.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 10:59:29 PM by PoppetK »

support