Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: the other knee has problems now ! not sure what Ive done . help !!  (Read 846 times)

Offline tiggs

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Hi everyone,

Not been around for a while , been trying to do my physio rehab program and get on with my life since my last bout of surgery in May 05 !!

So to my new problem,
My good knee ( well not so good at the moment) is acting odly.
I have done nothing obvious to it that I can think of, but when I walk on it the front of the knee seems to feel strange, slightly numb or dead feeling but at the same time tender. This sometimes then radiates out towards the inside of the knee. Not only this but I dont seem to be able to fully extend it like I used too. It is straight and I can bend it but it doesnt fell like its properly straight.
If I try and stretch as you would when you do your warm up stretching exorcises then it really pulls down the center of the back of the knee, and the front then feels tender and as if something might be stopping it .

I can still walk on it but it doesnt like going down steps at all. This is slightly a problem as my muscles etc in the bad knee dont work very well as they dont seem to get the signals telling them what to do so I cant lead with the other leg.

The knee occasionaly gives way but this has only happened once or twice.
I am worried incase this progresses into something worse and there is no way that I will be able to deal with it as bad leg not strong enough to cope with any extra,s !!

any thoughts would be appreciated,
I am icing daily, using glucosamine gel rubs, ibuprofen rubs as well

Tiggs.
Age 37,
bouncy castle injury at ripe old age of 24 !! 1992 ?
ACL recon x 1 failed screw came out ! 03
Arthroscopy  04
ACL recon patella version x1 ok still not great .04
mcl, pcl, pol, recon in 1 weeks time !!  may 05
Had op may 05 Mcl, pcl, acl, pol all doing well not so sure about LCL !

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: the other knee has problems now ! not sure what Ive done . help !!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 04:54:31 PM »
Can be so that our s.c. good knee have had enough of being the great one for a long time..and now need to be taken care of.
This is a problem many get when having one bad knee.
I would suggest you to see if you can get some support for your good knee to unload it a bite.
Maybe doing excercises on your good leg to strenghten that one too would also be a great idea.
If nothing helps why not talk with your doc next time you see him.

HUGS NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 10:02:09 PM »
Hi Tiggs
 - I too have been having trouble with my good leg and think its come to the same conclusion - fed up supporting the losing side!
Needs some TLC. ( Nettan is like the wise owl on this site - she always comes up with a rational answer)
A.
1978 - ruptured acl and all cartalidge removed.
several debridements over years
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !
BIOMET AGC  TKR  (with 10 yr warranty !)

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 03:34:16 PM »
( Nettan is like the wise owl on this site - she always comes up with a rational answer)

Hope you don't see me like a old greay owl Anja !! ;D
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.

Offline UK Girl !

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 05:19:44 PM »
Hi Nettan
Please note that I was very careful not to use the word 'old'
I hope that you took what I said as a compliment - I have seen lots of your posts and they make sense!
1978 - ruptured acl and all cartalidge removed.
several debridements over years
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=28257.0  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !
BIOMET AGC  TKR  (with 10 yr warranty !)

harry78

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 06:01:22 PM »
I can sense a little backguru here!!!!! Man that guy's weird and perhaps I'm infecting this post with it!!

I'd say that the word 'old' is strictly relative. The knee's actually don't get weaker on a grand scale in the years that go by but decrease a little by a way of collagen in tendons, ligaments. My knee is a little tender over the initial incision and my OS told me that it would get better with time.

Harry

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2006, 07:51:33 PM »
Anja...no problem at all and you can also call me old..I took it as a compliment..thank you.. ;D

Offline misshilde

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2006, 07:53:48 PM »
Harry...we're just getting old...hopefully like Nettan said..the good just needs some extra tlc...but as you know...when something is broken or not working right, we tend to compensate and eventually that causes other things to wear out also....so if you are able to...take it easy for a while....trying to do the same..good luck..

Hilde

ps..but like wine..old only means better!!!!!!   taste??
born with bad knee
83 patella ligament pierced by iceicle
84 50%  hamstring rip
86 lateral meniscus tear
more dance 
99 menisectomy(finally)
more dance
patellar & quad tendontis
05 LR, bonespur removal, general clean out, stage 4 OA
oct 06 illiophoas release( hip ok) but knee still bad...