Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: psuedo locking of knee?  (Read 951 times)

Offline Wildfire

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
psuedo locking of knee?
« on: March 10, 2006, 09:22:36 PM »
Well, I had my scope. Looks like I've completely severed my ACL. Doctor says surgery is definitely needed in his opinion. We've discussed the allograph option. Less scaring and easier recovery he says.

Having surgery in about 5 weeks. For now, I am having trouble completely straightening my leg...my knee has yet to extend since the accident itself. He calls it psuedo locking.

Said it is a reaction to pain etc. Basically my brain is saying "Nope, gonna be too much pain, not doing it." There's nothing keeping me from doing it mechanically...but for the life of me, I just can't do it. Feels like something is just going to pop out of my skin. It hurts! lol

Anyone deal with this?

Also, he's (The OS) has put me in physiotherapy and has ordered to get me a metal brace to where...I guess I am moving up from the Immobilizer....thing is, I am a  US verteran going to school up here in Canada. I can't pay for these things upfront to get repayed later by the VA.

The boot, they tell me is very expensive.  So I feel like I am stuck here in limbo for now because I can't do anything to help this.

Ugh...that's life I guess. :(

Offline Wildfire

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: psuedo locking of knee?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 04:57:53 AM »
Ummmm...ok, thanks for all the help guys!  ??? :-[

Offline Ferris

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 09:38:29 AM »
Try posting in the cruciate ligaments section.  Also your title suggests more of a meniscus injury than an ACL injury.

Rachel

Offline Audice

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 11:26:39 AM »
Hi Wildfire ~ I'd never heard of pseudo-locking of the knee so I did a Google search. And there is information about it. Here's one website to check & good luck with your knee...Ellie

http://www.mothernature.com/Library/Bookshelf/Books/16/127.cfm
April, 2005 - ACL rupture, medial meniscus tear within posterior horn to articular surface, abnormal signal within lateral meniscus, partial tear MCL, bone contusions tibia/fibula, Baker's cyst.
No repairs.

support