Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Advice on problem knee needed  (Read 626 times)

Offline BobDylan

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Advice on problem knee needed
« on: March 10, 2006, 02:32:47 PM »
Hi. I'm a 25-year-old male, and have become increasingly worried about my knee, and the effects it's having on my left leg. I don't know how to explain this any other way, but here goes : Every time I walk for a few minutes, pressure seems to build on my knee and this in turn results in strain on my knee and particularly my calf muscle which seems to 'tense up' or takes strain. I can actually feel the difference in the muscle hardness, which is greater in my left leg. I also get pins and needles and numbness in the leg, which originates from the buttocks region, down the hamstring and to the calf muscle. Occasionally I'm unable to move my knee as it seems to 'lock' and really hurts if I try bending it. If I sit down for longer than 5 or 10 minutes, it gets so unbearable that I have to get up and stretch the muscles in my calf and buttocks which brings temporary relief. My knee also tends to make a clicking noise most days, and if i sit on the floor and bring my knees together, the left knee seems about 1 or 2cm higher than the right knee. I had lower back problems about a year ago, but this has eased up after I went to visit a chiropractor, but now I'm sure this has had some effect on my left leg.

Any advice would be appreciated before seeking  professional help.

Regards,
Dylan

Offline rozzzie

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • smile:a little curve that strightens everythig out
Re: Advice on problem knee needed
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 05:23:04 PM »
The smptoms you discribe the pains starting in the "I also get pins and needles and numbness in the leg, which originates from the buttocks region, down the hamstring and to the calf muscle"  This sounds like a back problem.  Back problems can efect the knee.  I would go see the chiropractor again.  If you are still having knee problems when that is a bit better talk to your doc.

Good luck

Rozzzie
OA of knees since 85 
93 scrambled ankle - PE
98 PE
99 anlke fusion
04 hit by car broken leg, ribs AC joint seperation
RTKR  Dec 1 2005
LTKR. IM rod removal March 16, 2006