Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Please help me...  (Read 737 times)

Offline splitchees

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Please help me...
« on: March 09, 2006, 11:08:35 AM »
I am a fourteen year old girl, and yesterday while I was playing badminton my knee made that cracking noise when you crack your knuckles and I sort-of fell to the ground. I started to clutch my knee painfully and my friends were laughing just thinking I just fell down. I put on a watery smile and tried to stand up. I'll admit my knees were buckling underneath me so I just limped. When I went home, my knee was alright, I could still semi-walk but it was kinda painful. Now it's gotten worse, I tried to kneel a while back and pain just erupted.

It hurts to make it straight and if I try to stand straight my knees start to buckle and I have to quickly grab onto something around me. Whenever I stand its as if there are two equally strong battering rams grinding together. I'm afraid that it'll snap. Is something wrong with my knees? Or have I just pulled a ligament or something? My dad is afraid that its happened because of my weight but I dont believe so. I'll admit that I havent seen a doctor yet but I'm still worried.

Is something wrong with my knee? :'(

Offline splitchees

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Please help me...
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 11:15:29 AM »
Please... anyone?

Offline Natalie.D

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: Please help me...
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 12:30:12 PM »
Hi,

Sorry to hear of your sore knee.  The first thing I would do is make an appointment with your doctor, you really need to get this checked out, it could be something simple that only requires rest but it could also be something more which requires physiotherapy or more.  In the meantime, if you have any swelling, apply ice (wrapped in a small towel or bag - do not apply it directly onto your skin) to your knee for about 15-20 minutes at time a few times a day, rest it and raise it up on a few pillows or something.  The main thing is see your doctor as soon as possible.  I don't think your weight has anything to do with it, however being overweight can make recovery that bit harder but there are thousands of people who are overweight who manage just fine.  Good luck at the docs, let us know how you get on.

Natalie.  ;D
Dislocations since age 12
Trochlear Dysplasia
Maltracking
Hypermobile
LR/MR-failed
TTT, LR, MR L knee 95-Success
TTT, LR, MR R 02-Success
Screws out
Partial tear ACL
Severe end stage OA
4 Debridements