Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: What is Tendonitis  (Read 757 times)

Offline munchie

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
What is Tendonitis
« on: March 09, 2006, 09:37:27 AM »
Hello everyone
I am 12 weeks post-op MCL advancement and have been doing really well in PT but have terrible pain just under the kneecap.
My PT says he thinks I have 'Tendonitis', but he says he does'nt want to do ultra-sound or give me any injections.It is very painful when i am bending knee with weight on it,especially coming down the stairs.My ROM is 115 degrees and have full extension.Does anyone know whether Tendonitis clears on its own or do I need treatment?
I dont see my OS for another 3 weeks,and my PT says the pain will get worse before it gets better and to keep working it hard.
Any suggestions would be great.

Many thanks

Munchie

Offline shade

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • An obstacle is often a stepping stone.
Re: What is Tendonitis
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 09:49:10 AM »
Munchie,

Here is an article on tendonitis. 

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/sportsmedicine/a/tendonitis.htm

Hopefully you'll get some relief soon.  Let us know how everything goes.  ~Shade
July '05 (RK) - LR/debridement
Mar '06 (RK) - Open LR + Allograft w/OBI TruFit Plug + Fulkerson TTT
 Feb '07 (LK) - LR + Fulkerson TTT

Offline daffy

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: What is Tendonitis
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 09:57:20 AM »
Munchie,

Sorry to hear you have developed tendonitis. Tendonitis basically means inflammation of the tendon, and in your case it’s the patella tendon.
If treated early, in which it sounds like with you it can be cleared up relatively quickly with your Physio as well then you should not have a problem.
To help ease the pain you are getting now, icing the knee really helps and take a few anti – inflammatory’s.

Then when pain is under control you can start doing exercises to help, initially along with your physio’s help.

Pain is the guide when performing rehab exercises, so don’t work through it as you will not be doing yourself any good. Mainly Eccentric exercises are performed such as double leg, and single leg squats.

Good luck with this, let us know how you’re doing

Daffy x
March 06 -  (L) Patella tendon debridement and microfracture

July 06 - (R) MPFL Reconstruction

support