Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: ache  (Read 616 times)

Offline gaz

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
ache
« on: March 08, 2006, 06:00:47 PM »
please help me?
i had an auth on my right knee last October the OS told me that my knee was a bit of a mess inside, he found on old fracture of my knee cap with a loose fragment, so removed it.  i have had several appointments with my GP and physio / rehab but i still have problems with my knee, i have what seems like a constant dull ache inside my knee which sometimes keeps me awake.  if i sleep with mt leg bent i suffer all day with the ache.  3/4 times a day my knee seems to stiffen up and the only way to relieve it is to bend my knee and pull my ankle (as if doing a quad stretch) and i have a clunk in the front inner part of my knee (below the knee cap) i does cause a sharp pain for no longer that 2/3 seconds but after the knee seems free untill next time.  my Doc referred me back to the same OS but i saw a letter from the hospital saying that when he operated last year my knee was in pristen condition.  if that was the case then why do i still suffer and not sleep so well because of it.
i am sure my Dr thinks i am making it up,  if any one can help pinpoint whats wrong even if its only advice i would really appreciate it  :(

Offline Natalie.D

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: ache
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 12:58:52 PM »
Gaz,

It sounds to  me like you may have some OA or possibly some maltracking, your symptoms seem to indicate that, but I'm no doctor so its just a guess, I would try to see your OS again and see what he says or maybe go for a second opinion.  Good luck.

Natalie.
Dislocations since age 12
Trochlear Dysplasia
Maltracking
Hypermobile
LR/MR-failed
TTT, LR, MR L knee 95-Success
TTT, LR, MR R 02-Success
Screws out
Partial tear ACL
Severe end stage OA
4 Debridements
Partial Meniscectomy
Failed Microfracture
11mm Defect LFC
Bone Spurs, Kissing Lesions

Offline shade

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • An obstacle is often a stepping stone.
Re: ache
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 01:03:08 PM »
Gaz,

Hi there, I agree with Natalie about going to see another OS for a second opinion.  Also, you can try taking glucosamine.  Some people have had good luck with that supplement.  You could also try anti-inflammatories from your GP.
Good luck.  ~Shade
July '05 (RK) - LR/debridement
Mar '06 (RK) - Open LR + Allograft w/OBI TruFit Plug + Fulkerson TTT
 Feb '07 (LK) - LR + Fulkerson TTT

support