Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: What is the Osmond Clark Aggravation Test?  (Read 9495 times)

Offline eurofrenchie29

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • I miss skating.
What is the Osmond Clark Aggravation Test?
« on: March 31, 2003, 04:51:58 AM »
My doctor stated that my test was positive for the Osmond Clark Aggravation test what does this mean? ???
Osmond Clark Aggravation Test Positive/Gr lV patellar femoral change/Gr ll medial tibial change/Scope in 2002/Future knee replace/Chondromalacia/Cronic Pain/All thanks to falling on some ice.

Offline ATsoccergirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • Practice safe sports, use an athletic trainer
Re: What is the Osmond Clark Aggravation Test?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2003, 09:21:31 PM »
There is a clark's sign that is used to test for chondromalacia.  It is rarely used, however, since it can often elicit pain in otherwise asymptomatic knees.  It involves applying an inferior glide to the patella while the pt actively contracts the quadreceps.  The patella is then forced in the femoral trochlea.  It is positive if the test is painful or the pt is unable to hold the contraction.  It seems very possible that this is the test that your ortho is refering to given your history.  There are so many different orthopedic tests and their names can really vary.  The test I described is also know as the grind test, PF aggravation test, and who knows what else.  
1999 LR, 2002 ACL/PLC recon, reversal of LR, 2004 ACL revision, 2006 Car accident torn PCL and small fractures resulting in bone chips in my knee.  Torn MCL 3 times.  Wicked screws under IT band and Pes Anserine.  June 2008-Hip Arthroscopy.