Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Torn meniscus or IT band problems?  (Read 1955 times)

Offline sharid30

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Torn meniscus or IT band problems?
« on: April 02, 2003, 08:36:39 AM »
I have posted before regarding a lateral release I had in Nov. 2002.  As of right now I wish I had never had that surgery. I have been having awful lateral knee pain ever since the surgery. Right now I have a lump on the lateral side of my left knee along the joint line ( it is about the size of a quarter ). It is very tender to the touch. My OS has told me that it is IT Band inflamation and I have gotten a cortisone injection there but it has not helped with the swelling or pain. When I walk there is a slight amount of pain nothing major. The bad pain comes when I am sitting. After about 10 minutes in the same position I get shooting pain from hip to ankle down the whole lateral side of my leg. When my leg is straight you can hardly feel the lump. The more i bent it the more prominent the lump becomes. Has anyone had a similiar experience? Could it possibly be a torn lateral meniscus? I am running out of hope that I will ever have a normal functioning knee again. Thanks for any help or advice you can give me.

Offline sharid30

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: Torn meniscus or IT band problems?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2003, 09:06:15 PM »
Thank you very much for you reply. I am going to have to call the OS and set up another appointment. Thanks for the picture. Mine doesent stick out that far only had the lump for abour 4 months. Hope you are all having nice weather like we are.