Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: High Tibial Osteotomy  (Read 2637 times)

Offline Diane

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
High Tibial Osteotomy
« on: September 04, 2002, 07:32:44 AM »
 :'( I just recently had a HTO done on my knee.  After surgery I felt one leg longer than the other one.  I approached the doctor and he told me that was not the case.  He referred me to the Therapy Clinic and told me to tell them to measure my leg.  Sure enough, my leg was 5/8" longer than the other one.  Has anyone had this happen to them?  I was then given a prescription for a heel lift.  Any advice?

Offline opal

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Re: High Tibial Osteotomy
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2002, 05:33:19 PM »
Hi Diane

I have suffered with a sacro illiac joint problem for several years which was definitely exacerbated by my recent TTT.  When I went to my chiropractor just after getting out of the Bledsoe brace for my knee, he measured my legs and found that one was almost 1 full inch longer than the other.  The problem is that walking with the brace, or even limping, throws off your hips and pelvis, lengthening or shortening one leg and can cause excruciating pain in hips/back.   Since seeing chirop. 1x week over the last month, my legs are back to being the same length and the hip/back pain is just about gone.  No heel lifts required!  Sometimes a chiropractor is just what the dr. (hee hee) ordered!  Give it a try.

Good luck.
7 arthroscopies on both knees since 1991; many torn menesci and plica syndrome; TTT 5/23/02 for maltracking patella.  Screws removed on 4/16/03!!!

support