Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: supartz injections  (Read 23963 times)

Offline trio123

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: supartz injections
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2006, 02:26:26 PM »
hbw,
  it has been 3 weeks since my 5th of 5 shots.  and i can say that they have not worked so far.  but still hoping one morning i am going to wake up and my knee feel better.  but i don't think that is going to happen.  i have been taking vicodien just to sleep at night.  i am looking at a femoral osteotomy and i hoping i can wait to have that till the fall. really want to enjoy the summer. 

have a good day everyone
christina

Offline lmk

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2006, 06:17:30 AM »
Why won't it work if the arthritis is bone on bone? Did they explain that to you?

knee deep in Goo

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2006, 01:23:32 AM »
i rather have a slow methodical treatment and know .. that i tried it all before going into another surgery...

Offline jimholmen

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2010, 12:56:09 AM »
After arthroscopic knee cleaning, I was told that I (essentially) had bone-on-bone, and that a complete knee replacement was recommended.  I was at a pain level of 8-9, and had great difficulty walking.

I requested Supartz injections.  I received 3 injections (1 week intervals). There was very little pain during the injections. After about 2 weeks, my pain level was down to 1-2.  I have had the 3 injection Supartz course of treatment (every 6 months) for two years. The pain level has always been very low.  I went from hardly being able to walk to taking long (2-3) miles/day with my 100 lb black lab.  I also play Volleyball (fall & winter months) and slow pitch softball (spring & summer months).  Supartz has been a MIRACLE "CURE" for me and the relief shows no signs of going away!!!!!