Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Fulkerson Osteotomy Success Story  (Read 13961 times)

Offline deejay30

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: Fulkerson Osteotomy Success Story
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2007, 08:23:11 PM »
Haven't been on here in a while - 3 1/2 years post op and beginning to experience some minor problems.  My knee is beginning to slip around a bit and I am once again limited by the pain I experience if I do too much exercise.  In fact.... just too much - walking or sitting or anything.  I've really been having some difficulties losing weight though and I believe that the problems I am beginning to experience are simply from my inability to get the weight off.  I truely believe that if I had lost my excess weight I would be pain free still - who knows though. 

I did try some aquatic therapy over the summer and it was good - frankly I enjoyed it with little to no pain. 

I am now making one last attempt to lose some weight before I go back to my ortho - I've hired another personal trainer and will be working with him on a daily basis for the first few weeks - he specializes in working with people who have limitations due to knee and hip injuries.  We'll see how this goes.

Has anyone had any luck finding a good supportive stabilizing brace for people with larger legs?  I have tried several braces to wear while I am walking for exercise but they all seem to roll down on my leg or just plain don't fit right.

10/03 LK Scope & Lateral Release
06/04 LK Fulkerson Osteotomy
10/04 Tibia fracture
12/04 Left ankle/foot pain
03/06 diagnosed with posterior tibialis dysfunction, Currently in physical therapy

support