Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Questions about health Insurance  (Read 1365 times)

Offline Cinammo

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Questions about health Insurance
« on: February 08, 2006, 01:41:43 AM »
I am about to take on a part time position at a hospital that I work at where I have been causual for a year now and will be offered health benefits under UnitedhealthCare.  I was wondering if any of you knew the answer to how most health insurance companies handle pre exisiting conditions these days or does it run across the board? I gave my boss the procedure code of 29866 to find out if United Health Care would pay and she stated as long as it was an outpatient surgery they would.  Any words of advice here on what questions to ask?
My 17 year old son had the OATS procedure on November 29th, 2006.  He has two previous scopes on the right knee and one on the left.

Offline blackbeltgirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: Questions about health Insurance
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 02:41:04 AM »
Not sure why I think this, but I'm pretty sure that, as long as you have been continuosly insured, they have to cover pre-existing conditions.  Otherwise we would never be able to change jobs.  The pre-existing condition issue becomes a big deal if you let one insurance policy expire, then spend any amount of time uninsured (even a day or 2) before the new policy kicks in. 
ACI was supposed to be 2/21/06.  On 6/29/06 Insurance co said have another scope, and if it still looks good, they'll ok the ACI.
Microfracture Dec 7, 2004
   3cm x 6cm lesion, LFC; 3cm x 1cm lesion, trochlear groove; lateral tibial plateau lesion
2nd degree black belt, tae kwon do (had to stop)

support