Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Finally back here!  (Read 1645 times)

Offline Caroline109

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
Finally back here!
« on: February 07, 2006, 08:49:24 PM »
I had my 3rd Supartz shot about a month ago. In the meantime, I got a new computer and have just now found my way back here.......
My right knee, the one which had the shots, really felt better for the last 3.5 weeks but in the lkast few days, has started aching again. Infact, today at work, I was scheduled to work un til 3, but at 2:30, one of the managers said if we wanted to leave, we could so I did as my knee was really achy==quite stiff on the stairs today which might explain its extra achiness. As far as I know,  no one else left early! My doctor told me to make an appointment if after a month following the shot, it felt bad.... but at this point, although achy, it still feels better than it had before the shots. So I'll keep an eye open and will make an appointment if I need to. I have to call the office anyway later this week to get a refill on my Relafen, assuming a liver function test I had back in January was normal (I had it at my regular doctor's). Since no one called me from that office with the results, I'll make the assumptioN (which can often be a bad idea!) that the results were normal. I was at my regular doctor's office a week ago today because Ithought I might've broken my finger when I accidentally smacked the bottom knuckle on a doorknob (stupid!). I saw the nurse practitioner that day and she didn't say anything about it and I forgot to ask! In any event, I have to call the orthop. office back anyway this week.
And,  btgw, our insurance paid 100% ($435) of the cost of the Supartz and almost all of the charges for its administration by the doctor (which was called surgery!).
Caroline
Chronic low platelet count
Men. surgery, both knees 2003,2007,2008
R PKR Sept. 17, 2008 - Biomet Oxford Partial
LK-TKR 4/21/2010 Biomet Vanguard Signature Knee
Scar tissue issue next to TKR knee
March 2, 2011: PKR to be revised to a TKR