Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: ACL repair & Carticel procedure  (Read 840 times)

Offline tennispro4

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
ACL repair & Carticel procedure
« on: January 30, 2006, 06:44:41 PM »
I had my ACL repair last year and the graft was and I was walking in just 1 week.  I just had the carticel procedure (cartilage replacement) and so far my knee feels good at this time in my recovery.  I'm going in my 4 month PT and now the gym.  This is the problem...  that no one seems to answer for me.  when I initally tore my ACL I heard and felt a huge pop in the lateral side of my calf (where the femor and tibial connect with the knee)  I thought prior to having the carticel surgery that it would go away.  Now the OS telling me you might have torn some muscles/tendon fibers or something like that.  He wasn't clear. If I twist it, the pain is unbearable and I definitely could not play tennis again.  Could anyone give me advice?  Maybe I would need a differnent kind of surgery or stretching regimen.  I'm just trying to diagnosis this and go from there. 

Please Help!
Tennispro4

harry78

Re: ACL repair & Carticel procedure
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 10:03:33 PM »
Hello

errrrrrmmm......I don't really know but if pushed I would say that you could have possibly stretched something in the posterolateral corner. But this means that it could be anything like a popliteus strain or other. I was also thinking that the symptoms are very similar to a meniscus tear.

I'll give it a think. Harry