Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: PAIN UNDER MY KNEECAP!!!!!!!!  (Read 692 times)

Offline loriburns

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
PAIN UNDER MY KNEECAP!!!!!!!!
« on: January 30, 2006, 07:27:50 AM »
Hello everyone.  I have a quick question.  I am having ALOT of discomfort right under my kneecap.  My last scope revealed that I did not have much cartilege left under the kneecap.  I am unable to climb stairs, or put any direct pressure on my knee, like when I am sitting and try to get up, it kills me, it hurts so bad.  I have another appt. to see a Dr that my OS sent me to, but that appointment is not until March 7th.  Any advise on this matter?  Thanks :-X
LORI

Offline Richie392

• Regular Poster
Re: PAIN UNDER MY KNEECAP!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 08:34:33 AM »
Hi!

- Building up quad muscles if possible. The stronger muscles are, the less pain.
- Riding bike with low power at about 60-80 rpm -> keeps the left cartilage alive
- There are possibilities for surgery, where they replace the kneecap-cartilage (damaged) by an artificial replacement. (sorry for my bad english!  ;D)

But I would try the first two tips first!

Bye,
Richard (broke kneecap!)

Offline Natalie.D

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: PAIN UNDER MY KNEECAP!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 12:57:41 PM »
Hi Lori

For pain relief you could try a TENS machine and applying either ice or heat to the knees, for me personally applying a heat pad  to my knees is the only thing that gives me any relief.  You could also try wearing a brace to try to take some of the pressure off the kneecap.  Also take something like Ibruprofen - doesn't work for me but maybe it will for you - worth a try.  Hope all goes well on 7th March.

Natalie.
Dislocations since age 12
Trochlear Dysplasia
Maltracking
Hypermobile
LR/MR-failed
TTT, LR, MR L knee 95-Success
TTT, LR, MR R 02-Success
Screws out
Partial tear ACL
Severe end stage OA
4 Debridements