Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Strange bruising  (Read 771 times)

Offline sue100

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Strange bruising
« on: January 28, 2006, 10:31:10 AM »
Hi, I'm new to this site but not new to knee problems, having had them from childhood.  I've had arthroscopy's on both knees and constantly get knee pain and tightness/swelling, especially after excercise (long walks).  I don't run or go to gym for this reason and find it very difficult to kneel.  Lately I have noticed very small bruises on the surface of my left knee (different places) which is not caused from external injury or knocks but they are tender and painful, some more than others.  I have one at the moment but had a different one which has now disappeared last week.  I think the problem has come from inside the knee.  Any idea what might be going on?

Offline SuburbanLife

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • User's Text
Re: Strange bruising
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 04:21:30 PM »
Hi,
My knee is as colorfull as they come. I had my knee replaced last March and I had vein and bruising issues before then. As for me, they come and go and some never leave. I have been told that is just something that can happen with a bad knee, they don't  know why but it does. I had one that was sliced in half by the incision for my surgery and is still happily there, go figure!
March 2005-Total Knee Replacement

Offline les-lie

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Strange bruising
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 04:21:51 AM »
I also have had left knee problems since junior high. Last year a mri showed inner knee bone bruises. I can't find out anything about it. I also have had brusies on outside center of knee come and go however it's back again even with a new knee braces to keep the knee lined up. Any help of what to do would be great. Also my good leg is getting to hurt knee and foot area.     

support