Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: 12 years old, and already a bone spur?  (Read 1170 times)

Offline funsizedshorty

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
12 years old, and already a bone spur?
« on: January 27, 2006, 02:36:50 AM »
       Hmm ok, well, I'm 14, and about 3 years ago, my mother took me to the doctor for a small "bump" on the inside of my knee, about the size of a marble. She was afraid it was cancer, but the x-rays showed it was a bone spur. Up until now I've always just accepted the fact that I have an extra bone, but I have been thinking about it, and I don't really know what it is...Does it increase my chances for knee cancer, arthritis, or somthing that could hurt me? Is it going to grow, and why does it hurt really bad some days. If anyone knows anything, I would really appreciate your input! :-*

Samantha, 14, Texas

Offline soccerchick25

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: 12 years old, and already a bone spur?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 03:20:46 AM »
Hello:
Bone spurs are not the problem unless they cause pain. The problem is what caused the bone spur. Bone spurs are usually signs of arthritis but being that you are so young that probably isn't the case. Have you had any knee surgery or trauma to the knee? Also, where is the bone spur? They can be removed... Has your Doctor discussed this option with you?

Offline messed^kneegurl

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 05:18:32 AM »
       Hmm ok, well, I'm 14, and about 3 years ago, my mother took me to the doctor for a small "bump" on the inside of my knee, about the size of a marble. She was afraid it was cancer, but the x-rays showed it was a bone spur. Up until now I've always just accepted the fact that I have an extra bone, but I have been thinking about it, and I don't really know what it is...Does it increase my chances for knee cancer, arthritis, or somthing that could hurt me? Is it going to grow, and why does it hurt really bad some days. If anyone knows anything, I would really appreciate your input! :-*

Samantha, 14, Texas

hey
man knees suck now i don't pretend 2 know wat a knee spurt is (but ill prob luk it ^ later) but ive had sum major knee problems 2 and im also 14
May 14, 2005-torn acl
summer 2005- PT softball
fall 2005-vball scar tissue built ^ i got 2 play soccer 4 3weeks!!!
oct 30, 2005- 2nd knee injury torn meniscus (+already torn acl
nov 23, 2005- sugery :P
jan 25, 2005- slipped on sidewalk
jan 26, 2005- went 2 the dr, broke my knee cap into 3 pieces
jan 27, 2005 (today)-sitting at home pissed off that my knee is so retarded
i feel 4 ya
ttyl
olivia

Offline funsizedshorty

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 04:41:47 AM »
Hello:
Bone spurs are not the problem unless they cause pain. The problem is what caused the bone spur. Bone spurs are usually signs of arthritis but being that you are so young that probably isn't the case. Have you had any knee surgery or trauma to the knee? Also, where is the bone spur? They can be removed... Has your Doctor discussed this option with you?

No trauma, no surgeries. The bone is on the inside of my right leg, just below my knee cap. My parents wont even considor surgery because they dont want to take any risks because theres nothing wrong with my knee other than it hurts. Do you know if it can get any bigger?

support