Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: ime approved go ahead for all surgeries  (Read 1192 times)

Offline neil

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
ime approved go ahead for all surgeries
« on: March 21, 2003, 11:42:23 PM »
 my workers comp chosen independent medical examiner gave their approval and need to perform an adhesiolysys, a medial and lateral retinac release and the harvesting of cartilage for a furture carticel trans plant after i recover and regain the formentioned surgeries. was best news i have had in a long time. they originially denied the harvesting and transplant. i am anxious to move forward now after wondering what was going to happen for so long. i have renewed hope of a favorable recovery.  looking forward to getting it now schedule. :)
9-13-02 - present, 4 surgeries to right knee. quad severed, piece of femoral condyle cut off, shaving of patella. had cartilage implant 9-22-03, fluid drain, cultures & manipulation10-21-03

Offline Kari

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: ime approved go ahead for all surgeries
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2003, 03:15:07 AM »
Neil...good news for you!  Now it's full speed ahead...well, okay maybe just baby steps, but the right direction for sure.
I am so glad I don't have to fight with an insurer on top of everything!!!
Kari
1994: ACL reconstruction
Aug 2002:  Tibial Plateau fracture
July 2003:  Osteochondral allograft; 1 year non weight bearing

Offline Janet

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
Re: ime approved go ahead for all surgeries
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2003, 06:14:26 PM »
Neil:

I am so happy for you!! I am still fighting my WC over further treatment. They actually had the nerve to say that any patient can find a doctor who is willing to do surgery, but that doesn't mean it's "necessary and reasonable." As if, after all I've been through, I'd want to have surgery that is unnecessary and unreasonable, especially with some surgeon I found just because he'd be willing to do it! How infuriating!

Hope everything goes well with you.

Janet
Torn quad tendon repair & VMO advancement 4/99, MUA with LOA 10/99, Patella baja and arthrofibrosis, LR & medial release & LOA 5/01, LOA & chondroplasty 6/03,TKR on 11/06, MUA 12/06. From perfect knees to a TKR in 7 years, all from a fall on a wet floor...and early undiagnosed scar tissue.

support