Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: 6 days Post ACL reconstruction  (Read 653 times)

Offline Ant Flower

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
6 days Post ACL reconstruction
« on: January 25, 2006, 04:58:41 PM »
Hi all,
       6 days ago I had a ACL (Hamstring 4 strand) reconstruction on my left knee.  I originally injured my knee playing rugby 4 years ago and gave up contact sports as a result.  The op was carried out on the NHS.  My surgeon said that the reconstructed ACL is very solid.  My Physio applied quite an agressive rehab program right from the start.  24 hours after the Op whilst in hospital  I was using the CPM machine with no brace on for the first time.  I shifted my weight and felt a slip in my knee and a small crack in my knee.     I still with quite an amount of Morphine in my system so didn't really have my wits about me but I remember thinking that I was not weight bearing.

I suppose, in short my question is (and I appreciate it is a difficult one to answer) What are the chances that I damaged my newly reconstructed ACL(how strong is it likely to be at the moment) and secondly short of an MRI is there any easy way of early diagnosis as to whether any damage has been done.

Thanks in advance for any responses Tony (a bit worried hopefully unnecessarily) Flower

Offline sparkle999

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: 6 days Post ACL reconstruction
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 09:30:54 PM »
I think it's pretty strong when it first goes in but then gradually loses strength so that by 6 weeks post op it is at it's weakest and then it starts to get stronger again. I'm sure you can't have done any damage like that. More than likely you just shifted the kneecap into a more natural position than the one they left it in after the op.

The only wayt to tell though is to ask your surgeon.

Hope you feel better soon
xx
35 y/o
ACL rupture
loose body under kneecap
impaction fractures
injury 19th march 2005
scope 9th may
recon 24th october 05