Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Knee locked, popped, and now pain.  (Read 4867 times)

Offline CompFX

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Knee locked, popped, and now pain.
« on: January 29, 2006, 07:08:11 PM »
I was changing a starter on a car. I was crawling out from under the car, and my left knee locked up. It was a little painful, but I had no choice but to extend my leg and let it pop. This has happened a few times before, but this one is different. All the prior times, I was able to walk off the pain and within a day or two, i was back to normal. This time however, it has been almost a month and I am still in rather uncompfortable pain all day every day. And at least 6 times a day, it lockes up real lightly, where I can pop it and carry on. Up until today, I have been able to walk up stairs - that is - one at a time - but to skip a step, I cannot do. If my knee is bent, i cannot apply any pressure on it - as in an attempt to stand up, or lift my body with that leg. After vigerious excersize, I can hardly walk up, or down stairs unless I keep my leg from bending.

If i want to sit with my legs bent, I have to use my arms to bend that leg because it is to painfull to bend it on its own.

The real problem is that I am a cement truck driver. So i use that leg all day stepping on the clutch, and climbing in and out of the cab of the truck. So there is no time to let that knee relax.

I noticed today that behind the knee cap is very swollen.

I know I should be on anti inflamitories - I am taking OTC pain killers (tylenol) but I do not think it is helping.

I cannot afford to see a dr, so I am here hoping for some free advice

Thanks

Offline misshilde

• Forum Faithful
Re: Knee locked, popped, and now pain.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 05:05:34 PM »
Hey, sorry to hear about you pain, but unfortunately you have to see a doctor..first a GP to get referral to a knee doc..I had locking like you explained and it was a torn meniscus..ignored it for a long time and it just got worse...finally had surgery, but the damage was really bad cuz I had waited too long..don't remember having swelling in the back, but then again this was years ago, so the specific are lost to me...until you see a doc, keep taking your anti-inflametory..and take it easy..good luck

Hilde
born with bad knee
83 patella ligament pierced by iceicle
84 50%  hamstring rip
86 lateral meniscus tear
more dance 
99 menisectomy(finally)
more dance
patellar & quad tendontis
05 LR, bonespur removal, general clean out, stage 4 OA
oct 06 illiophoas release( hip ok) but knee still bad...

Offline anxiousknee14

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Knee locked, popped, and now pain.
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 10:22:25 PM »
Motrin can work better then other med   dunno why....
heat will help swelling a little bit
ice will help pain but may cause swelling
good luck

ive had 2 major knee surgeries and am looking toward a 3 one this summer O JOY and im only 14

my knees main prob is it does the same thing u described 24/7 ceot mine is cause of birth defect,injury,a surgery that fell apart etc etc etc

again good luck

cms
born without knee cap groves
has had 2 major knee surgeries
possibe patellectomy this summer
knee cap shaped like rock
constant pain and falling
"its easier to run, replacing all this pain with something numb"
"these words are all i have so i write them, i seem to need them just to get by"

support