Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: New poster as well...really need some help  (Read 634 times)

Offline hokieman

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
New poster as well...really need some help
« on: January 25, 2006, 01:44:44 PM »
I was diagnosed with a torn meniscus last April.  Most of the damage seemed to be on the outside of my right knee.  I had it scoped in April, trimmed, and was also told there was a little arthritis in the knee.  There is one particular place on the outside of my knee that you can push, and it is very painful.  Well, long story short, my knee is no better after surgery, probably worse.  If I wear any type of shoe, particularly heavy shoes, within a couple of hours, I can barely walk, so much pain.  I can take my shoe off, manipulate my knee some, and most of the pain will go away.  What is going on?  Can this be re-habed?  If so, what kind of excercises should I be doing.  I'm 44 and feel like I am 80.  Should I consider additional surgery?  Thanks for any advice....

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: New poster as well...really need some help
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 01:49:59 PM »
If you didn't have any kind of phys, you are right, you need to strenghten the muscles around the knee. At this site you find good excercises if you luck on the main site.
If you have possibilities to see a pt maybe this would be even better.
Maybe you also need someone taking a look at you and see how you walk..maybe you need other shoes.
Feel free ask if you have questions.

HUGS NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline blackbeltgirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: New poster as well...really need some help
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 03:00:31 PM »
If shoes seem to be sending things out of whack, you probably have some issue with alignment connected to the shoes.  Do you have flat feet?  High arches?  Proper fitting shoes, with proper support can make a real difference.  Some orthopedists can help you with this, or a podiatrist.  I know I have the opposite problem.  Because of flat feet, I wear custom orthotics in all my shoes.  If I spend a lot of time on my feet but barefoot (cooking or doing stuff around the house) my knee hurts more.

Good luck.
Jess
ACI was supposed to be 2/21/06.  On 6/29/06 Insurance co said have another scope, and if it still looks good, they'll ok the ACI.
Microfracture Dec 7, 2004
   3cm x 6cm lesion, LFC; 3cm x 1cm lesion, trochlear groove; lateral tibial plateau lesion
2nd degree black belt, tae kwon do (had to stop)

support