Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Hurt myself, but not sure what type of damage i did  (Read 619 times)

Offline Butters

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Hurt myself, but not sure what type of damage i did
« on: January 23, 2006, 11:38:31 PM »
Last Monday at work i had several sheets of plywood slam onto my knee.  The pain was brutal, but waited till the next day to go to the mediclinic.  That doctor didn't really do anything, just prescribed anti-inflammatories.  Wednesday i saw my family doctor and said it was just badly bruised and took me off of work till this Wednesday.

On the weekend, the swelling finally went down, but now i swear it hurts even more.  Almost like it tightens up and burns when i walk and it's even worse taking stairs.  Plus it even hurts now just sitting.  Like a mild burning.  There's no chance i can work again on Wednesday and the earliest i can see my doctor is friday. 

I've been looking around online to try and figure what, specifically, i did to my knee.  Im starting to worry it may be something more serious than a bruise and i may have to take more time off.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Offline shade

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • An obstacle is often a stepping stone.
Re: Hurt myself, but not sure what type of damage i did
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 11:58:08 PM »
Hi,

OUCH!!  That sounds awful. 
Did you explain to your GP's office about your situation??  They should be able to get another note from your GP to tide you over until you can see your GP.  You should ask for a referral to an Orthopedic Surgeon for an assessment.
Good luck and let us know how everything goes.  ~Shade
July '05 (RK) - LR/debridement
Mar '06 (RK) - Open LR + Allograft w/OBI TruFit Plug + Fulkerson TTT
 Feb '07 (LK) - LR + Fulkerson TTT

Offline Butters

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Hurt myself, but not sure what type of damage i did
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 07:07:22 PM »
Managed to see my doctor today.  He gave me another week off work and told me that the pain is from when the boards hit, blood got into where the bursa (?) is between the bones and that my body needs time to absorb it all back into my system.

support