Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Pain with Golf ?  (Read 743 times)

Offline bmk007

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Pain with Golf ?
« on: January 23, 2006, 04:26:38 PM »
Hello

I am over 2 1/2 years post op from Left ACL Recon and meniscus repair.  I am back to playing indoor soccer and running, but I recently tried golfing and I experienced great pain in my left knee.

I know the strength in my repaired leg is still not equal to my right side, but has anyone else experienced pain when swinging a golf club?  As a right-handed golfer, my whole swing and follow-through puts a lot of weight & twisting on my left knee.  Has anyone else experienced anything similar with golf?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Brett
L ACL recon (pt) 5/8/03
L meniscus repair 5/8/03
L meniscus removal 5/9/07

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Pain with Golf ?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 04:51:29 PM »
Can a supporting brace be helpful for you ?
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline raquetball1

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • RACQUETBALL--WALL TO WALL--INSANITY
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 04:56:11 PM »
My aclr was right leg, but when I returned to golf (lousy as I am at it), I used a functional acl brace by DonJoy for awhile.  I actually golfed better with the brace than when I decided I didn't need it anymore.  One kind of figures that most docs golf, so it wouldn't hurt to ask your OS about bracing the leg.  Best of luck.
autopatellar acl recon Nov. 2004 at age 51

Congress shall make no law...abridging the freedom of speech.

harry78

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 07:30:54 PM »
Hello Brett, I don't think that a brace would be useful here Nettan, because I have also had problems with wearing one when twisting after ACLR. I have to ask whether you still do your stretching and if so how often? I do believe that stretching the knee helps with the situations that arise, the knee has to withstand large forces as the femoral condyles move on top of the menisci. A brace would maybe help with light twisting but when swinging a golf club maybe the knee moves in a position where you're catching the repaired part of the meniscus?
I hope this helps.

support