Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Possible Tumor:{  (Read 637 times)

Offline stillhurting

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Possible Tumor:{
« on: January 26, 2006, 11:40:24 PM »
Hi everyone,

I just  had my visit with the 2nd OS, I  injured my knee in a fall onto concrete almost 5 months ago, I did not like or trust my first OS so I found another supposedly excellent doctor. He is going to scope my knee next month {he is going on vacation} I can wait at least I now have some hope that someone may help me. But now I am really stressed because my GP seems to think that I may have a tumor, because of the swelling and pain that  just will not go away. My MRI's and xrays are clear. Is this something that anyone out there has encountered or has any info. I have never had any trouble with my knee until the accident. Thank you for any help or opinions. Godbless
Tonia

Offline stgiles16

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • My photo album
Re: Possible Tumor:{
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 10:22:35 AM »
Why on earth would your GP think that it was a tumor? If the MRI and x-rays are clear, I dont see how there could be one. If you have an injury inside the joint, it is not unusual to have long term swelling. My knee has been swelling for over 4 yrs. The size of it depends on what I do that day. GP's in general are not very good at orthopedic injuries. They are just not trained for it. If your highly respected OS never mentioned a suspected tumor, I would not worry too much. Just make sure to discuss it with him at your next appointment.  I know that it is difficult but try not to worry too much.
good luck
missy
2 ligament recons right ankle
2 arthroscopic,
5 open knee procedures
2 Plica removals
bone spur removal
2 microfractures
4 debridements
2 open LOAs all on left knee
Arthritis,both knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, hands,spine
Fibromyalgia
Arthrofibrosis
LOA & PKR 2/15/06
RA
in pain mgmt
TKR JAN 2012

Offline stillhurting

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: Possible Tumor:{
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 01:41:51 PM »
Thanks for the reply Missy,  that was my opinion too the mri should have shown a tumor if nothing else. I guess I will just have to wait and see my os on 2/22. Mine is the same way it all depends on how active I am as to how much it swells and hurts.  I will post more once I know anything. Thanks again
Tonia