Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Pain on top of tibia, patellar tendonitis and more... questions  (Read 2827 times)

Offline Illiptical

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Pain on top of tibia, patellar tendonitis and more... questions
« on: January 21, 2006, 09:28:33 PM »
This is my first post... I've done searches and found some stuff that relates to my problem but nothing too specific... I just turned 25 years old... for the last 2-3 years the top of my tibia has been very sore... I don' tknow if this is osgood schlatter's or what... but in july i was at a basketball camp, running suicides every day... then friday morninig i wake up and i almost collapsed on my right knee... i felt as if my patellar tendon ruptured... i knew this couldn't be or i wouldv'e seen specific signs or probably wouldn't be able to walk at all... I couldn't even lie w/ my legs straight and tighten my quad muscle of my right leg w/out pain...

after 1 week of icing... i was doing very light leg extensions and rehab stuff... similar to what you do for jumper's knee... anyways after about 3-4 months of rehab i was able to jog w/ out pain, squat w/ out pain... matter of fact i was doing basketball drills today w/ out pain... bu that area is still tender... and i know w/ osgood schlatter's sometimes the tendon pulls fragments of bone off the tibia... w

ell if i lie down w/ my right leg straightforward and relax it, then rub around where my pattelar tendon is i can feel as if there is something underneath, like loose cartilage or something... like it feels squishy... I used to do alot of plyometrics in the past, and was heavy into sprints and track work while trying out for a college basketball team... was hoping somebody could help me out... i seriously can't believe my knee feels so much better from doing the rehab... i just want the tenderness to go away, im scared this s**t could turn arthritic

New York, USA

Offline Illiptical

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Pain on top of tibia, patellar tendonitis and more... questions
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 09:03:25 PM »
why has no one replied? i don't see this topic anywhere else

Offline shade

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • An obstacle is often a stepping stone.
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 09:20:10 PM »
Hi,

http://www.athleticadvisor.com/Injuries/LE/Knee/patellar_tendinitis.htm

Here is an article about tendinitis. 

If your tibial tubercle is sore & tender, it could be Osgood Shlatter, but don't remember you mentioning those symptoms......

If you went to a physio you could get some ultrasound treatments on the tendon and that might relieve this condition.  Good luck and let us know how it goes.....  ~Shade
July '05 (RK) - LR/debridement
Mar '06 (RK) - Open LR + Allograft w/OBI TruFit Plug + Fulkerson TTT
 Feb '07 (LK) - LR + Fulkerson TTT

Offline Illiptical

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 09:42:18 PM »
i just turned 25... so i doubt it could be osgood schlatter's... i can do squats w/ out pain as long as im pushing up from the hips and heels... i can jump w/ out pain... if im kneeling or squating w/ my knee hyperextending or going past my toes i can feel tenderness in my right knee... this morning i had a sharp pain when hyperextending pushing my leg to get myself in my truck... this is very rare that i feel this but i get it on occasion... but like i said earlier i can function normally doing anything else... the pain is not like it was in july