Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Possible algodystrophy of the knee, any idea please?  (Read 1441 times)

Offline abicham

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • sports, sex and sun!
Possible algodystrophy of the knee, any idea please?
« on: January 21, 2006, 10:39:01 AM »
Hi there, I wrote about a week ago complaining about a disabling very sore knee that has been going on for more than 3 months now, It seems that I defnately have some damaged cartilage on the back of the patella, but I can't believe this is what's causing so much pain. After many visits to the doctor and many examinations (MRI scan and arthroscan), my doctor has booked me an appointment to go and have a scintigraphy because he thinks I might have what's called an algodystrophy.
Does anyone on this site know about Algodystrophy? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, I am normally a very fit and sporty person, my whole life is sport as I am a ski instructor and an avid climber. HELP!!!
Broken pelvis 2004, pudendal nevralgia march 2005, chronic knee pain since October.

Offline shade

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • An obstacle is often a stepping stone.
Re: Possible algodystrophy of the knee, any idea please?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 11:45:59 AM »
Hi,

Here is a site that describes this condition called algodystrophy or Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome (RSDS).
Good luck with your testing and let us know how everything goes.  ~Shade

http://www.bchealthguide.org/kbase/nord/nord184.htm
July '05 (RK) - LR/debridement
Mar '06 (RK) - Open LR + Allograft w/OBI TruFit Plug + Fulkerson TTT
 Feb '07 (LK) - LR + Fulkerson TTT

Offline abicham

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • sports, sex and sun!
Re: Possible algodystrophy of the knee, any idea please?
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 04:24:20 PM »
Thanks shade for your support, I went onto the site and a lot of the symptoms seem to correspond. We'll see...
I will keep you posted on my progress. Thanks.
Broken pelvis 2004, pudendal nevralgia march 2005, chronic knee pain since October.