Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Waiting for appt with new OS  (Read 866 times)

Offline stillhurting

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Waiting for appt with new OS
« on: January 20, 2006, 02:26:29 PM »
Hi everyone, I have posted only a couple of times.  I am waiting for an appt with a new os, this is a workers compensation injury and when I went to see the workers compensation physician she sais that I should have a scope done as soon as I could, totally different from what my current OS said, that he will not do a scope for 2 more months!  That would make it 7 months since I fell from the catwalk at work onto the concrete floor from about 4 or 5 feet in the air. My knee took the full force of the fall. I am having pain on the inside of my knee (Medial}? it really hurts to walk up the stairs if I put much weight on it and driving or just sitting for very long makes it hurt and forget about standing for any length of time. The WC physician advised me to get a cane because my good knee is beginnig to hurt me in the very front of my kneecap.  I can't sleep well at night because it is always aching.  Well just wanted to vent and ask if maybe I have a  possible meniscus tear.  Thanks for any advice.

Offline stillhurting

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: Waiting for appt with new OS
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 02:32:14 PM »
I forgot to ask if pain and tenderness  above my knee and up my thigh is normal?  The inside of my knee (Medial)?, above my knee and all the way up my thigh is extremely tender, I appreciate any feedback , you guys are great!! Godbless!
Tonia

Offline shade

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • An obstacle is often a stepping stone.
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 02:37:49 PM »

Tonia,

I'm not sure about your injuries, but know about being helped alot by canes.  It will take the pressure off the injured leg.  I use one of these offcentered canes and the straight padded handle helps alot and does not hurt your wrist.  You can purchase them at any drugstore.
It's really a mind over matter thing.  Most people don't want to use canes, but they really do help and that is what they are for to help you walk better.
Good luck with your next appointment.  ~Shade
July '05 (RK) - LR/debridement
Mar '06 (RK) - Open LR + Allograft w/OBI TruFit Plug + Fulkerson TTT
 Feb '07 (LK) - LR + Fulkerson TTT

Offline stillhurting

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 03:12:27 PM »
Thanks for the reply shade, I feel silly but I am not sure as to which side I should hold the cane on. It is my right knee that is injured but my left knee is hurting to.  Thanks again
Tonia

Offline shade

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • An obstacle is often a stepping stone.
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2006, 03:33:58 PM »
Tonia,

That is my problem also, but  also think your left is having problems trying to compensate for your RL.
I use the cane on the left side - that is how they explained it to me - you'll catch on quickly.  You use the cane and take a step with the RL at the sametime - it really relieves the pressure on the knee.
Good luck.  ~Shade
July '05 (RK) - LR/debridement
Mar '06 (RK) - Open LR + Allograft w/OBI TruFit Plug + Fulkerson TTT
 Feb '07 (LK) - LR + Fulkerson TTT

Offline stillhurting

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2006, 06:24:23 PM »
Thanks again Shade
I appreciate all of your help. I will post again after my OS appt next week.
Tonia