Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: New to this but could do with advice  (Read 775 times)

Offline jonno 1

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
New to this but could do with advice
« on: January 19, 2006, 11:50:50 AM »
I recently injured my right knee playing football, went to have it looked at x-ray and examination and was told that i had torn the soft tissue on the left side of my right knee. Although in the 2 weeks since the injury occuring the pain has eased my knee is still far from right with any turning on the knee giving me some real pain. Any advice on what to do to rehabilitate would be good, also wondering if i should seek more medical advice?

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
Re: New to this but could do with advice
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 01:00:08 PM »
2 Weeks isn't a very long time for a soft tissue injury to heal, soft tissue can take longer than bone to heal!!!  But..
If I were you, I would find myself a really good Physiotherapist. Let them have a look at it and make some suggestions.  A Good physiotherapist is worth their weight in gold and will also recomend seeing an orthopod again if they don't feel the diagnosis is correct.

Goodluck
Linds
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

Offline jonno 1

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 04:14:43 PM »
Thanks for the advice Linds, I think I may be trying to run before i can walk if u know what i mean. This is the first real injury i have ever had and i am finding it difficult to accept that it is not goin to heal overnight. I am goin to try and find out a little more on thie issue of soft tissue damage to aid my recory. Thanks for the advice really appreciate it.

Jon

harry78

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 05:52:40 PM »
Hey jonno, sorry to hear about the injury. It looks as if it could be a cartlidge problem, either a tear or maybe something possibly worse. I say this because you get pain twisting but can you feel anything else like looseness in the knee or otherwise?
If you feel really bad pain after three weeks after the injury, then you should definitely see you doctor because if it is treated early the better the outcome of your knee. Hope this helps, Harry

Offline jonno 1

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2006, 10:02:32 AM »
Cheers for the advice Harry. The strange thing with the injury is that i feel absolutely no pain when walking about only when i turn from side to side when my foot is planted. Also finding that in the morning it is most painful especially just after waking up. Think I will give it another week as suggested then reassess the situation.

Thanks
Jonno

harry78

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2006, 08:38:12 PM »
Hey jonno it does sound like a minor tear in the meniscus- yes see if it clears up. if not let us know

support