Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: hamstring tendinitis and fulk!  (Read 721 times)

Offline centaur532

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
hamstring tendinitis and fulk!
« on: January 18, 2006, 08:15:44 PM »
I saw Dr. Fulkerson at the beginning of December, and right away he palpated the correct area and diagnosed tendinitis.  He shot my leg up with cortisone, and after the initial pain of having molasses injected into my leg, I felt wonderful for about a week and a half.  Completely pain-free.  Then the pain returned.   I finally saw him again last week, and he expressed surprise that the cortisone hadn't worked, but injected more cortisone into my leg, up and down the hamstring tendons, noting that the entire area was inflammed.
I had hoped that round 2 would be successful and that would be the last I'd see of him.  Yeah, right.  I have one of the nastiest bruises of my life on the back of my leg and I'm still in a lot of pain, though I can't really tell if it's just bruise pain or tendinitis pain.  The bruise doesn't feel tender so I'm pretty sure it's tendinitis pain again.
He asked if I'd been to physical therapy for this problem (yes, and I got discharged when they couldn't fix it with ice, ultrasound, iontophoresis and strengthening exercises).  So, my question is:
What comes next in the line of treatment?  I've done basically everything non-invasive to no avail.  Am I looking at surgery now?  Debridement?  Removal of inflammatory tissue?  I don't know what to expect now.
Hope people are doing better, at least mentally if not physically.
Thanks guys
Current tally:
7 diagnoses (all wrong!)
8 doctors
4 knee braces
3 rounds of PT
2 cortisone shots
2 MRIs
1 bone scan
1 surgery
countless X-rays
-----------------------
No solution!

Q: What has one leg and says arrrrrrr?
A: Me when you cut my right leg off and give me a peg leg.

Offline shade

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • An obstacle is often a stepping stone.
Re: hamstring tendinitis and fulk!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 12:58:13 PM »
Hi,

Ouch that bruise sounds awful.  Here is a little article that treats sports injuries.

The tendinitis treatment

If tendinitis does occur, the most effective tendinitis treatment involves.........

'RECEIPT'' - Rest, Elevation, Compression, Easy Stretching of the Muscles in the injured area, Icing, and Possibly Taping to provide increased support.
Very light activity is permitted during recovery, which usually takes one to six weeks recovery.

July '05 (RK) - LR/debridement
Mar '06 (RK) - Open LR + Allograft w/OBI TruFit Plug + Fulkerson TTT
 Feb '07 (LK) - LR + Fulkerson TTT