Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: HORSE KICKED IN BOTH KNEES !!!!!!!  (Read 1016 times)

Offline AJStamp

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
HORSE KICKED IN BOTH KNEES !!!!!!!
« on: December 10, 2005, 07:41:17 PM »
Hi everyone,

Whilst lying around for the last two weeks recouperating, I was wondering if anyone else may have suffered my fate?

I was bringing in my friend's horse from the field, when he lashed out and kicked me with both back feet which landed at both my knees.  I was taken to hospital where it was diagnosed with bruising to my left knee and a fractured patella to my right.

I am extremely worried about how long it may take for me to be back on my feet and riding both my own two horses.

If anyone out there has any advice as to what to expect in time and treatment, physio etc I would be very glad to hear from them.  In the meantime wishing everyone a happy christmas.
Amanda

Offline albertacinchcowboy

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: HORSE KICKED IN BOTH KNEES !!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 09:36:30 PM »
Hello....some good news for you... I too got kicked and fractured my patella.  5 weeks post op, i got the ok from the doc to ride, it took a few more weeks for the strength to really come back to ride hard (working cattle), but by about 9 weeks i could ride severall horses in a day and not feel too bad.

Good luck
dave

Offline kendra

• Regular Poster
Re: HORSE KICKED IN BOTH KNEES !!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 10:17:24 PM »
I had a horse accident too.  I was racing down the road when the stirrup gave and I slide off the back.  I tore 2 ligaments.  Not fun.  Good luck
11/6/05 Grade 3 tear PCL/MCL in horse accident, tore both menisci
12/15/05 PCL/MCL recons, menisci fixed
3/28/06 Finally over the hump in rehab, things are lookin' good!

support