Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: don't know what I did to my knee  (Read 2289 times)

Offline jeanm

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
don't know what I did to my knee
« on: July 12, 2008, 02:52:09 AM »
scrubbing hardwood floor on knees two weeks ago.  Have had bad pain in left knee, lower right section of the knee above shin. At first thought a very bad deep bruise, but is no better after two weeks.  Limping, difficulty on stairs or steps, hurts all the time but has periods where more severe than other times, very painful to touch, but localized, just started swellling (not hugely swollen) yesterday. Any ideas what this is and why not getting better?  Thank you.

gigi67

Re: don't know what I did to my knee
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 07:52:38 PM »
well you can try the folllowing:

ice 20 minutes every two  - 3 hours..or at least several times per day...elevated while icing..preferrable above the heart for swelling.
alos take ibuprofen several times per day ( if tolerated and no medical reasons why you shouldnt take it)...lots of folk will take ibu only once or twice but it has to be taken at regular intervals to get the inflammation out and keep it out. Im not sure why mopping on knees would cause this. but in a few days of icing , elevation and anti inflammatories if it still isnt better or improving...may b go c ur doctor and have it checked.

Offline ATsoccergirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • Practice safe sports, use an athletic trainer
Re: don't know what I did to my knee
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 06:02:04 PM »
It sounds like "housemaid's knee" aka pre-patellar bursitis.  This is when the sacs of fluid (bursa) around the knee become inflamed, and is most commonly caused by kneeling. 

http://www.emedicine.com/pmr/TOPIC118.HTM
1999 LR, 2002 ACL/PLC recon, reversal of LR, 2004 ACL revision, 2006 Car accident torn PCL and small fractures resulting in bone chips in my knee.  Torn MCL 3 times.  Wicked screws under IT band and Pes Anserine.  June 2008-Hip Arthroscopy.

support