Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Shot #3 today  (Read 1862 times)

Offline Caroline109

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
Shot #3 today
« on: January 06, 2006, 01:06:51 PM »
It's on to Supartz shot #3 today. I did get relief with the second shot so I'm hoping I'll get more with #3. My orthopedist will also have received the results of a liver function test done by my primary doctor yesterday morning. He wanted me to get one after being on Relafen for my arthritis for 6 months. Hoping it's okay because it works for me and it's cheap, especially compared to Celebrex ($10 copay versus $50 copay). I was originally prescribed it for my shoulder arthritis. My knee arthritis is a new diagnosis in the last month and I have only one more refill left.
I also am going to ask him about a product I saw advertized in my Costco members magazine. It's a glucosamine/ chondritin pill that has hyalauric acid (a component of knee joint fluid-like the artificial Supartz and Synvisc injections) called Move Free Triple Strength. I currently take Nature Made's Triple FLex which is glucosamine/chondritin with MSM in it. It's made by Schiff.
Have a good day.
Caroline
Chronic low platelet count
Men. surgery, both knees 2003,2007,2008
R PKR Sept. 17, 2008 - Biomet Oxford Partial
LK-TKR 4/21/2010 Biomet Vanguard Signature Knee
Scar tissue issue next to TKR knee
March 2, 2011: PKR to be revised to a TKR

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Shot #3 today
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 01:12:52 PM »
Good luck with the shot. It's amazing with the new products on the market, maybe we someday don't have to have surgery to get better joints. Would be a big breakthrough.

HUGS NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline shade

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • An obstacle is often a stepping stone.
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 01:28:19 PM »
Caroline,

Good luck with No 3 - sure hope it gives you some relief like the second shot did.

Fingers X'D..  ~Shade
July '05 (RK) - LR/debridement
Mar '06 (RK) - Open LR + Allograft w/OBI TruFit Plug + Fulkerson TTT
 Feb '07 (LK) - LR + Fulkerson TTT

Offline Caroline109

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 01:56:36 PM »
Hoping it will. COnsidering my coworkers have noticed I'm not "ouching" so much, the first two shots have worked! The third should be a good thing too!
I was very interested in that new product but my husband thought I should ask my doctor about it before I get some. I just ran out of my regular Triple FLex and will need to get something new this weekend, either more of it or the new stuff. We shall see and will let you know what he thinks.
Caroline

Offline Patty0513

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006, 02:09:17 PM »
Hi Caroline,

Good luck with the shot.  I am so glad to hear that you are getting some relief with the shots, great news.  I have taken both of the chondroitin supplements that you mentioned.  Didn't notice any difference between the two.  Let me know what the Dr. says about them.

Take care,
Patty

Offline Caroline109

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2006, 09:15:17 PM »
Just back from my third shot. Brother, it hurt a whole lot more than the previous 2, especially afterwards. He put the shot near where the last shot was so maybe that's why it hurt more. Who knows???  I asked him about the glucosamine/chondritin/hyauloric (sorry, I;m completely misspelling this) and he looked at the ripped out ad I brought with me from the Costco magazine. He said that he thought it was probably a waste as oral injestion and the absorption of the acid would probably be very minimal. He said the chondritin/glucosamine does appear to work but the new product isn't worth taking, so I said I'd stick to my Triple FLex. He also asked (he has lots of patients) to remind if I had ever had a cortisone shot in my knee to which I said no. He said that was good. He had just had a patient refused Supartz shots by her insurance company until she first had cortisone shots which he said, as we know if you have too many, can destroy the cartilage. He hadn't received my liver function test results so I have to call back soon about it (I'll probably hear from my regular doctor before). And if my knee feels lousy in a month, I should come back.
So hopefully there will be more improvement and I won't be back for a while there. I did tell him I'd probably be back in a few months for shots for my other knee, though! But hopefully, that won't be too soon!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 09:28:38 PM by Caroline109 »
Caroline

support